Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you turn him in? >

Would you turn him in?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
41.71%
No
58.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Would you turn him in?

Old 12-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you turn him in?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

If you knew a friend was breaking game laws (i.e. too many bucks; notchecking in ALL deer; etc...).....would you turn him in?
In a minute. He's not a friend. He's a thief and poacher.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I can't answer for a couple reasons.

1) I don't have any "friends" that would do that.

2)If it was just someone I "knew" but wasn't a friend of. It depends how much I truly knew ofhis situation. Is he and his family on hard times? Does he need the food, or is it just willful and wanton waste of our Natural Resources?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:58 AM

sorry man, i couldn't turn in a friend... my friends are way more important to me than any deer will ever be... if the deer are more important than your friends i seriously think you need to reevaluate your priorities... that said, i'd give him a serious talkin to, no doubt, i don't want him gettin busted or breakin the law... fortunately I know none of my friends would do that anyway, but if they did I surely wouldn't be the one callin up the GW... i play by the rules and i expect my friends to also, but i'm not gonna run outta the woods yellin "cheater cheater" the Ref either...

turning in a friend violates the Man Laws somehow doesn't it??? kinda like tellin his g/f he's gettin some on the side...
Old 12-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I see two issues here ...... define friend ..... is it a lifelong friend who's shooting deer to feed his family ...... is it an aquaintance that is just trying to put notches in his belt .... there are so many variables here .... Bruce, do you put the guy that is shooting deer to feed his family up there with a murderer? Do you guys blow in your friend for going over the speed limit or not wearing his seatbelt when you are with him?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Let's not be absurd, Bruce.

No. A chronic drunk driver doesn't get a pass from me any more than the guy who shoots 30 bucks in a one buck state does from someone who said they wouldn't turn in a friend. We can do this without putting words in people's mouths or being absurd.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:00 AM

Braking the law is braking the law! Would you turn in your friend for speeding? No, You would talk some sense into him. If he refuses to listen, dont hunt with him. People gamble in all situations; If its gods will for them to get caught, let god handle it. (Unless you need the reward money)
Old 12-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Dominant Buck

OK...for the sake of the "example".....let's say it's a guy you shoot 3D with. You shoot 3-4 times a week (in the off season). You find out about his hunting "escapades" only recently.

You don't have each other over for dinner.....but you're "friends".
Old 12-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I see game laws as somehow more sacred than some other laws (If I were a highway patrolman I might feel otherwise).
I thought this was rather absurd so I concluded that we were "allowed" to be absurd in this thread .
Old 12-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

You guys wanna cite examples that "breaking the law = breaking the law".....and cite "speeding" as congruent to breaking game laws (like shooting too many bucks).

Are they the same? Is killing the extra buck(s) as predominant as speeding? Is it THAT easy to overlook?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Bruce, do you put the guy that is shooting deer to feed his family up there with a murderer? Do you guys blow in your friend for going over the speed limit or not wearing his seatbelt when you are with him?
So, you are saying it is OK to break the laws you don't agree with but not OK to break the laws you do agree with?

Quick Reply: Would you turn him in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.