Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you turn him in? >

Would you turn him in?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
41.71%
No
58.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Would you turn him in?

Old 12-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Would you turn him in?

Character is also shown in large part by what kind of friends you keep. Birds of a feather....
On the surface I'd say this is WAYYYYYyyyy too general a statement. There are people walking amonst us, RIGHT NOW.....that we have NO IDEA of what they've done or what they're capable of.

This is not a fair statement IMO.

When we know what people have done.....OR what they're capable of.....and we CONTINUE to befriend them (or even look the other way)....THEN I can stomach your assessment.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

This entire argument comes down to basic human greed. There are very few things that are 100% true. However, if you were to conduct a study measuring peoples reactions to such scenarios you'll likely find that the biggest predictor of response would be financial connection.

You might turn in a good friend but not a friend that loans you money. You'd turn in a friend but not if he has the best super bowl parties. etc....

We are all greedy. Everyone, even family.

The only reason I would not turn someone in is due to basic human greed. My desire to live a stress free life. This of course is a life lesson that I've learned.

This is 100% true. Yesterday, my gf and I, were leaving the mall. As I exited the mall I fired up the truck. I set up on the aisle that my truck was in when I notice a rather large fellow walk past the passenger side of my truck, walk around the truck, past the driver side window and disappear. I drew and walked towards my truck. As I get closer I notice that the car next to me has been broken into. I walk past my truck and much to my surprise there wasn't anyone there. I was having time compression and slight tunnel vision. After a few seconds I noticed, that in the car parked two spaces over sat Mr. Problematic who I would have taken care of with my automatic had he been waiting next to my truck to take my keys. When I knew the coast was clear I told my gf to get in the truck then I got in and immediately drove off. I drove up to the first security officer I saw driving around the parking lot sipping on coffee and told him a vehicle had been broken into and where it was.

I don't feel badly about not waiting around so that the guy could be caught. I was self preserving. Also already mentioned in this thread is that rarely does punishment fit the crime.

Tom
Old 12-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stat..How would you feel, if on this mornings news, you heard that a Young Mother was abducted in that parking lot and bad things happenend to her?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would feel bad that she had such a terrible event happen to her but I would feel justified in my decision to continue on my way. If she had cared enough for her own life and the lives of her children she would have been armed and trained.

Tom
Old 12-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOW now thats a whole nother thread..worthy of it's own 20 pages...I'm out!
Old 12-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

On the surface I'd say this is WAYYYYYyyyy too general a statement. There are people walking amonst us, RIGHT NOW.....that we have NO IDEA of what they've done or what they're capable of.
Not a general statement at all. I don't hold a person's past mistakes against them, if they've turned over a new leaf. As fornot knowing what they're capable, of course youcan't know until they do it. But when you DO find out what they're capable of doingsomething you can't stand, then you have a decision to make.

As I said all along, I talk to him and find out what his reasons were for doing it, tell him how I feel about it and, if he continues along that path, the friendship ceases.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would talk to them first, mabey ruff them up a bit. If that did not work, turn em in.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Once again if this is a true scenario what did you do??
Old 12-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I gave you guys the benefit of answering anonymously.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Site Bouncer

Interesting thread no doubt.......

I'm only going to stick to GMMAT's situation as he has defined it, I'm not going to speculate on other situations because I believe they all need to be looked at separately. The only thing I'm willing to speculate about is his definition of "friend" and how I would define the people in question.

Soooo. In Jeff's situation, I would first try to find out if what his "friends" are saying is the truth or just a bunch of hot air. I believe I read where Jeff said he had a reliable source tell him it's indeed true.

Once I found out it was true, in this case, if it were folks I just shot with, even on a regular basis,I would turn them in.

Again this is based on how GMMAT explained it. Obviously if some of the details were different then my course of action might be as well.

Quick Reply: Would you turn him in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.