Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you turn him in? >

Would you turn him in?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
41.71%
No
58.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Would you turn him in?

Old 12-27-2007, 09:53 AM

Default RE: Would you turn him in?

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

SevenMag, such a spin doctor as yourself would have been a top aide in the Clinton administration.[8D]
or the Bush administration

Old 12-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:08 AM

I know the concept, it's just the term I have trouble with. Kind of like "harvesting". But I digress...

Does someone have to be maimed, killed, or directly affected to be a victim? Personally, the only thing I have ever been "victim" to was my own stupidity, but as a member of society I am constantly helping to pay for others mistakes also.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

17 pages and goin strong ....... and look at that poll! The popcorn man strikes again! Great topic, Jeff!!

Let me add this to the mix ....... let's say it's your brother or father ...... now do some of your ethics change???
Old 12-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

My father has passed on and my brother doesn't hunt. Not applicable to me.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:34 AM

PT,

I hope I never have to be in that situation, and I think no one ever truely knows what they would do for sure unless they had been in it. I have no brother, and don't think I have anything to worry about with my father.The ethics I have, I learned from him. I work very hard to try and instill proper ethics into my children, but no one ever really knows for sure how things will turn out. If I go the rest of my life without having to answer that question, I will consider myself blessed.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

When we start to value animal life as much as human life, where did our morals go? I mean, is this really an issue of ethics? Is it an issue of friend or no friend? Let's say a friend (true friend) and an aquaintance(sp) and a complete stranger are all driving at a high rate of speed(above limit)on any highway. Ok, now, your wife and ten your old daughter are crossing an intersection with this highway. You have the chance to a) Warn the drivers to slow down for your wife and child knowing they may not listen. b) Totally stop all of said drivers from ever getting close to the wife's car. Which would you choose? I know we are not discussing the lives of our wives and children here, but we are still discussing breaking of the law. How severe is the law that is being broken? What is the loss to be seen? How will it effect either persons future? You be the judge. Will you do the right thing regardless of what others think? It's not about ethics or friendships. It's about character. It's what we will do if no one is there to see. Would you break a law or laws if no one is going to know?

Now, ask the original question again.

Carry on,

LT
Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 AM

character also includes not selling out your friends does it not?

as for your first statement, i've been sayin this for years, there are people in this country who will trip over a homeless man to save a baby seal, that is a SERIOUS problem with the state of society...
Old 12-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't read many pages of this thread but I look at it this way: if everyone had a friend that broke game violations there would be a serious problem everywhere. I doubt I would have a good friend any longer after I chewed him out first. It seems to be much harder for some people to hunt legally and ethically for some reason.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

character also includes not selling out your friends does it not?
Character is also shown in large part by what kind of friends you keep. Birds of a feather....

Quick Reply: Would you turn him in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.