Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you turn him in? >

Would you turn him in?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
41.71%
No
58.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Would you turn him in?

Old 12-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Spike

Default RE: Would you turn him in?

First of if I were hunting to put food on the table I wouldn't be bragging about takin' 9 bucks and second you don't go out just lookin for bucks either. You're going to drop whatever crosses your path, does, rabbits, squirrels in your backyard etc... If this guys is shooting and selling them and makin' a profit off of it turn his butt over to the IRS they come knockin' quicker than the game warden.On a serious note though I would make a call to the Warden, why then should you know what he is doing a let him get away with it. Make it annonymous!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I met a guy at this State Park whereI hunt and we became hunting buds, not real "friends" so to speak. Anyway, last year he took 2 bucks, the limit isone. I mentioned to him that he really should kill just 1 buck, like the lawprovides. I didn't want to turn him, I don't really even "know" this guy that well.He continued talking about taking a second buck this season as well.[:@]Thatwas it, he's just not getting it! When he calls, I don't even pick up the phone. He'll get the picture sooner or later.I prefer not to keep company with people like this.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually I have been in this situation. And no , I didnot turn him in. Why--guess because he was afriend,plus he was my access to some hunting land. I since have quit hunting with him and wont again .I was told by others that the game warden was watching him ,but never could catch him and I do know that he has been kicked off alot of the places he used to hunt.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:14 PM
bigcountry

This post really shows how warped the world is. People are so lost in the details, they forget about a person, or thier lives or thier jobs. People have so much extra time on thier hands, they have time to think what they would do in this situation. Some people need to get a life.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

He would get one warning and if that personcontinue to violate the game laws I would turn him in and not give it a second thought. A mistake is one thing, but when someoneintentionally breaks thegame law time after time to score he isn't a hunter or sportsman. The actions of this kind of turd is a negative reflection on those who obey the game laws andinvest time and moneyto harvest game. [:@]
Old 12-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Depending on how severe the violation is. I'd probably give him a good talking to the first time I found out about it if it was something like not checking in. If he kept doing it repeatedly or was poaching, then he's no friend of mine. Yes. I'd turn him in.
x2
Old 12-26-2007, 08:41 PM

some of my "friends" were riding around shooting deer at night and i didn't call them in BUT i know one of the wardens and told him a road they should set up on and one of them got caught. anything other then shooting deer at night im not going to say anything. why get a friendin trouble just because they dont tag a deer.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SevenMag

sorry man, i couldn't turn in a friend... my friends are way more important to me than any deer will ever be... if the deer are more important than your friends i seriously think you need to reevaluate your priorities... that said, i'd give him a serious talkin to, no doubt, i don't want him gettin busted or breakin the law... fortunately I know none of my friends would do that anyway, but if they did I surely wouldn't be the one callin up the GW... i play by the rules and i expect my friends to also, but i'm not gonna run outta the woods yellin "cheater cheater" the Ref either...

turning in a friend violates the Man Laws somehow doesn't it??? kinda like tellin his g/f he's gettin some on the side...

Wow couldnt have said it any better myself!!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Nope I wouldnt turn my friend (buddy) in...
Old 12-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me it would really depend on the entire situation. I know guys that shoot more than their share, always have and probably always will. I don't condone it or hunt with them...but if they want to play that game and take the chance, that is their deal. I don't really consider them "friends" in the true aspect of a friend....but at the same time I have way more important things to worry about than turning them in. If you do decide to turn them in....you had better do it anonymously. Some people are nuts, and dealing with that certainly isn't worth it - not over a deer.
Don't get me wrong...some folks certainly need to have the law called on them and they deserve it. Heck, some folks deserve the slammer for a long time for the crap they do....and some folks, well IMO its just not that big ofa deal - not big enough for me to get involved. The guys I know....they don't road hunt, they don't trespass (only hunt their own land), and they don't hunt out of season. They just don't tag all their deer, and usually shoot an extra buck or two each season.
I have called the law before a few times....just pick your battles wisely is all I'm sayin.

Quick Reply: Would you turn him in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.