HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   how to become prostaff? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/224231-how-become-prostaff.html)

MartinMan09 12-25-2007 07:57 PM

how to become prostaff?

I would also like to know how hunters get the name prostaff from big companies like bowtech and pse and wac em broadheads and such and what does it mean when you are prostaff?

bigtim6656 12-25-2007 09:04 PM

RE: how to become prostaff?

kill big animals and get on tv lol i would guest that most of them get on tv like on outdoor channel espn
or win comps. get your name out thereif bowtech basspro or hoytwonts to give me free stuff i will be glad to tell everyone about there product drive around a truck painted with there logo andnot ever where i piece of clothing without theename on it

Arthur P 12-25-2007 10:21 PM

It's more who you know than what you can do. That's a sad but true fact.

Westslope 12-25-2007 10:43 PM

Arthur nailed it. Either get really dang good or get in with the right people.

GMMAT 12-26-2007 06:39 AM

It's more who you know than what you can do. That's a sad but true fact.
I agree with the first part....but wonder why that's "sad"....lol:). People surround themselves with like-minded people. That's a truism in almost any endeavor.

rybohunter 12-26-2007 06:45 AM

There’s many different avenues one can take. Mostly its just getting your name known for something, whether its shooting, calling, killing big stuff, or just being a good BSer.
I got a buddy who is big into 3D. Well his shooting ability and charisma has landed him several prostaff positions. He gets free stuff all the time. Now for him, none of that has transferred over to hunting trips or videos, but as far as archery gear goes, he’s well set.

Arthur P 12-26-2007 07:14 AM

I agree with the first part....but wonder why that's "sad"....lol
It's sad because that's why we wind up with yayhoos like the Warren brothers. They were surrounding another yayhoo of like mind who put them onto his show - I forget the old goat's name but he was a 'resort hunter/fisherman' too - and got them into TV.

You remember what Tom Miranda was like when he first started on TV 20 years ago? Didn't know his elbow from his eyeball about anything. Dumb as a box of rocks. But he knew somebody. I hear he's pretty knowledgeable now, so that means he's gotten himself trained up some. But he sure put out a lot of garbage back then.

Ever run across some of these so-called 'pro staffers' at 3D shoots that act like their stuff don't stink and they're too good and pure to be spoken to? Same thing. I've seen staffers turn people off their sponsors' products because of their attitude, and their supposed function is actually to turn people onto them. Since 'people surround themselves with like-minded people,' you have to assume the companies that sponsor these guys must be horse's butts too. If their pro treats you like you're slimemold, then their customer serviceis probably the same way.

Hmmm....

Come to think of it, maybe you're right and it's not such a sad thing after all. Judge the company by the staffers they put out there.

GMMAT 12-26-2007 07:19 AM

Arthur.....It works both ways. There are people who know a TON about hunting....that I wouldn't want as a "front-man" for ANY product I was trying to market.

At least.....when you put the "like-minded" people out front.....there's one thing you don't have to worry about.

I can't speak for the yahoos you mention....but I'll take the less-informed pro-staffer over the obnoxious well-versed "pro" in every circumstance.

That's all I was saying.;)

isatarak 12-26-2007 08:32 AM

It probably doesn't hurt to be an ass kisser.

bigtim6656 12-26-2007 08:46 AM

i agree gmmat you can teach someone to hunt but you can not teach someone to be a good product man or a god business man

like they say you can take the girl out of the trailer park but you can not take the trailer park out of the girl .
i hate people who think they know everything and are never wrong

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Arthur.....It works both ways. There are people who know a TON about hunting....that I wouldn't want as a "front-man" for ANY product I was trying to market.

At least.....when you put the "like-minded" people out front.....there's one thing you don't have to worry about.

I can't speak for the yahoos you mention....but I'll take the less-informed pro-staffer over the obnoxious well-versed "pro" in every circumstance.

That's all I was saying.;)