Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Mexico I love you >

New Mexico I love you

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Mexico I love you

Old 12-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Banned

Default New Mexico I love you

New Mexico bowhunting opportunites!!!!!!!!!!! I can'tbelieve allof the big game hunting here and how pretty and diverse the scenery is. I just picked up the New Mexico Big Game and Trapper rules & information.
Deer, Elk, Antelope, Ibex, Oryx, Javelina, Bighorn sheep, Barbary sheep, Turkey, Bear, Mountain lion. And someone asked me if I was going to miss whitetail hunting.Yea, maybe after I kill all of these NM critterswith a bow. Man I missed out on a lot of life living out east. I will really miss the heat and humidity there this summer and the 100 days of sunshine an Iowan getsa year if he is lucky.Can you tell I really am heartbroke over my wife using her career to get us the hell out of IA.[8D] LOL I have to razz of you IA guys.

You can even ride around in your vehicle in NM with aloaded handgun, shotgun, or rifle concealed with no special permit. Concealed carry permits are granted statewide instead of county wide like IA was.Freedom is still alive and well in New Mexico.

My wife used her position in IA with a firm to transfer to CO back in July. After 4 months there, she found an big promotion in the Albuquerque, NM area. We have family here too and came down two weekends in a row to look at homes and check it out. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and once I get settled and get back from IA on some business, I will start posting some dead critter pics of NM animals
Old 12-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Mexico I love you

I had a great time down there in '05 on my elk hunt. Beautiful does not begin to describe the area we hunted. We saw elk, mule deer and black bear on our hunt.

Just a warning tho,some of thosebig game tags are on a lottery basis, even for residents. So plan on missing a few years here and there. Unless you make good friends with some landowners that get extra tags.

Sounds like you landed in Bowhunting Paradise tho Don. Good luck to you and Sarah. And good to see you back on HNI. Your presence has been missed here(by some of us anyway)
Old 12-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Banned

Thanks John for the kind words and wisdom you bring. All big game is lottery. 80% of elk tags go to residents. Bowshops and sporting good stores have resident tags that guys have and don't want that can be purchased too. Predator hunting is fantastic too. LOTS of them.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Banned

Like I told you in a pm, better come hunt with me and look me up when in the area. I still have my huge wall tent.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:45 PM

You sure New Mexico doesn't have whitetails? We have them here in Southern Colorado, in the river valleys along the eastern plains. Terrain and climate is just about the same in northeastern NM.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

first off where and the heck have you been, i thought you went mia on us sounds like fun, enjoy!!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

You sure New Mexico doesn't have whitetails? We have them here in Southern Colorado, in the river valleys along the eastern plains. Terrain and climate is just about the same in northeastern NM.
You are right. Deer tag is good for a mule deer or whitetail it says; so they must both be here.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

first off where and the heck have you been, i thought you went mia on us sounds like fun, enjoy!!
LOL. Been on a sabbatical with GMATT. We needed some bonding time.[8D]
Old 12-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I loved NM everytime I have visited. It would be a Great place to live

Dan
Old 12-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see you made it down there safely, and good luck with all that Big Game .

Quick Reply: New Mexico I love you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.