Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Mexico I love you >

New Mexico I love you

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Mexico I love you

Old 12-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Mexico I love you

What happened, didn't like CO. very much?
Old 12-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Banned

More $$, better weather, 1/3 of the cost of living, more big game species, and a sister and bro-in-law living here in the same town too.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations to Sarah for getting a better job. What happens when that opportunity takes you to, let's say FL. You gonna luv FL too?[8D] Are you finally home? I hate moving, I can't imagine doing what your doing. I'm in my dream home and intend to stay here in it. Good luck to you guys. Tell Sarah we miss her.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:58 PM

ya i live in los lunas( south of albuquerque) just a hint : put in for unit 24 or 28, we have been pullin monsters, this was our first year huntin unit 24 and we tagged 4 big ole bucks. cAN SEND PIX IF U WANT
Old 12-26-2007, 07:06 PM

Since when is Iowa considered "east"

Glad you made it down there OK man............must have been quite a ride.

My wife has some family in New Mexico and they send me pics all the time of the animals they get while hunting........care packages are nice too!!!............Oryx steaks are amazing.

Might get down there this year.........next at the latest.

Beautiful place for sure.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Congratulations to Sarah for getting a better job. What happens when that opportunity takes you to, let's say FL. You gonna Liv FL too?[8D] Are you finally home? I hate moving, I can't imagine doing what your doing. I'm in my dream home and intend to stay here in it. Good luck to you guys. Tell Sarah we miss her.
We researched NM and traveled two weekends in a row to see the area and look at homes. I even called two archery shops and researched the bow hunting. We believe this is home. Lots of room for her to continue to climb the corporate level within her company. Steamboat Springs, CO was our escape out west and where she received two months of corporate banking school(Denver). We were going crazy in the tight housing that a resort town like Steamboat Springs forces you to live in. We were renting the top part of a 3 bedroom home with people living in the basement below us. We shared a two car garage. No where to park our 4 vehicles and a bike. $1500 a month rent for this cramped living with a $1600 a month preschool for our 5 yr old. Houses sell in Steamboat for $500 a sq ft. After a while, you felt isolated there. It was 3 hours to get to Denver and civilization.No chance for growth with Sarah's' job there either. The 200" of snow a year was starting to wear on us too as we could give a rats' butt about skiing. We took the job in CO just to escape IA and to get the experience so as to move on to a better job. Albuquerque is a banking mecca here. Yea, moving sucks. Great economy and extremely cheap living here. Family here is a big deal too. I'll tell her to say hi. We have been crazy/busy lately and I still run my business of 25 years back in IA once every 3 months and fly home on weekends. I am going to sell it though as I am tired of traveling, even though I only work 4 months out of the year.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Since when is Iowa considered "east"

Glad you made it down there OK man............must have been quite a ride.

My wife has some family in New Mexico and they send me pics all the time of the animals they get while hunting........care packages are nice too!!!............Oryx steaks are amazing.

Might get down there this year.........next at the latest.

Beautiful place for sure.

Better visit me. East is anything east of TX
Old 12-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Keith Miller

ya i live in los lunas( south of albuquerque) just a hint : put in for unit 24 or 28, we have been pullin monsters, this was our first year huntin unit 24 and we tagged 4 big ole bucks. cAN SEND PIX IF U WANT
Love to see them. Post them in this thread if you want to or email them to me. Thanks. I am joining the local archery club(can't find my brochure with the name) and hopefully get to meet some guys like you. Do you belong?
Old 12-27-2007, 06:20 PM

ya glad to meet you, no i dnt belong to a club but i shoot here in los lunas at S & J's archery range.