Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are there any good handwarmers? >

Are there any good handwarmers?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are there any good handwarmers?

Old 12-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are there any good handwarmers?

I have used the Hothands, Toastie-toes, and Grabber Mycoal hand and foot warmers and I gotta say I am very dissapointed in the footwarmers and the handwarmers are barely OK. Footwarmers go out in 2 hours or less. Handwarmers are not very warm to me, it feels like they are barely going. They are suppossed to be 100* average but there is just no way. And I have opened up several packs this year that didn't work at all. So I always carry 2 each in case one doesn't work.

Does anyone know of a good foorwarmer and handwarmer that last 5 or 6 hours and are warmer than these others?

Thanks
Old 12-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are there any good handwarmers?

I have always had good luck with disposable ones.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:03 PM

I live in a pretty cold climate and I love the grabber's. I have had them stay warm for over 6 hours. They make enough of a difference that I can actually stay in the stand all day. Maybe you got a bad batch?
Old 12-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

You need to let air get to them. I open mine and let them sit in the open for a half an hour or so before I put them in the pouch in my gloves. I never let them sit out before until recent and thought they were a waste, now I take them all the time when the temps are in the teens!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

TeeJay, your hunting out of Blinds, you use hand warmers and heaters, man your getting old!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Dominant Buck

You obviously are doing something wrong. If you look on the pack before you open them you'll find a use by date. If yours are old they won't work well. I've found they usually loose a lot within the last year of the "Use by" date. That said, as someone mentioned, they have to breath. You have to wiggle your toes to move air. I've found they stay warm for a LONG time. 4 or 5 hours is no problem. Perhaps you're expecting a toe warmer to keep the rest of your body warm. I don't use the things unless it's REALLY cold. They do create hot spots and can cause other areas to feel colder. If your boots are too tight, they won't work well. If you don't move your toes to cause air to move... they won't feel warm. I've tried several different kinds and they all work.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Banned

I ue a hand muff and place a couple of toasties in their with my hands - I dont have any problems
Old 12-23-2007, 11:14 PM

The new hot hands last up to ten hours as it says on the package and they really do last that long. I opened two during rifle season at 10am and they were still toasty at 10pm before i went to bed. I was so impressed that i was showing everyone in camp how long they lasted. And at 10pm if you squeazed them they would practically burn your hand. Buy the 10+ hr hot hands. They work great!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont hunt out of a blind till way late season. Trust me it gets cold up here before then.

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

TeeJay, your hunting out of Blinds, you use hand warmers and heaters, man your getting old!
Old 12-24-2007, 04:22 AM

For cold temps anything made by helly hanson is your best friend. I work outside all winter in temps sometimes -40 and this stuff keeps ya toasty. the gear is a bit expensive but you get what u pay for.

Quick Reply: Are there any good handwarmers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.