Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics) >

Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics)

Old 12-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics)

This is a very good post!! Thanks!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics)

What do you add together to get the 158-4/8" that is stated as the gross non-typical?

Edit:

Nevermind.The "difference" measurement was throwing me off.

Very informative thread.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:28 PM

How would you score this point? As an abnormal or as the G3? I would consider it an abnormal point.......which I believe is correct, but I could be wrong.

I have no answer for that one.... My gut says it is an abnormal point but I really don't know how it would be officially classified. [&:]

[/align]

Exactly......as far as I know this is about the only point that I have no idea how to score.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

How would you score this point? As an abnormal or as the G3? I would consider it an abnormal point.......which I believe is correct, but I could be wrong.

I have no answer for that one.... My gut says it is an abnormal point but I really don't know how it would be officially classified. [&:]

[/align]

Exactly......as far as I know this is about the only point that I have no idea how to score.
You know other than just as an FYI it is really a moot point anyhow as it would be a deduction since it is a typical frame.....Well unless the other side had a matching tine..... [&:]

Iwould like to know the correct classification for it as well.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Yeah I only found that one side. You are correct that it is a moot point.....if you're into net.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah I only found that one side. You are correct that it is a moot point.....if you're into net.
I tend to speak in SCI or "gross non-typical". Even though there is no such thing as gross non-typical in P&Y's eyes...
Old 12-23-2007, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

I tend to speak in SCI or "gross non-typical". Even though there is no such thing as gross non-typical in P&Y's eyes...

Its the only language I know.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

This post is very well done. In measuring, some racks can be very tough. Things like wether a point starts off the top of the main beam, and things like webbing are a call the score taker has to make. Some are a very fine line. Official scorer's have to make the call as best they can, for the books.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I still hate you [][8D]Thats how I roll [8D]bucko!
ORIGINAL: buckeye

Dam, i had the main beams at 20" and the spread at 16" i usually try and be conservative, people tend to go way over score guessing, in this case i was 12" under gross typical [:@]i suck!! Who's buck Scott????
About the "suck"..... You said it not me Dinko!

I am going to leave you hanging a bit longer on your other question....That's just how I roll....

[/align]
Old 12-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

Good thread. One question, aren't the measurements supposed to be taken with a 1/4 inch wide metal tape measure?

Quick Reply: Measuring a rack at home. Second and final part of series.(lot's of pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.