Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker? >

Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Scent Lock
42.50%
Scent Blocker
57.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker?

Old 12-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker?

OK

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Please Keep on topic,

This is not a thread asking if you think, feel or know if it works or not. Simply answer, simple poll, which one do you prefer?

If you don't care for either, don't answer the poll. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all your votes I appreciate the info.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan (MeanV) had a great point... and with respect to Rob's wishes (because I think we're ALL tired of the "it works; no, it doesn't" rhetoric), I'll just speak to the quality of the garments.

I'll be placing an order as soon as the '08 line is released from Scentblocker for a couple pairs each of their base layers in both medium and heavy weights; if you haven't seen these base layers in person, you owe it to yourself to examine them before buying any other base layers. These have to be highest-quality garments I've ever felt or seen, and I think I've looked at everything there is in the hunting industry.

This past season, I bought some of their mid-level Dream Season boots as a back-up to my Cabela's 400-gram Thinsulate hiking boots to talke to Colorado with me, and found them to be about as comfortable (if not more so) than walking in tennis shoes. I purchased a couple of their big black-and-yellow duffel bags to haul my clothing and equipment around in, and found them to be extremely rugged and well-built, often reinforced in key stress areas with double stitching.

Again, without getting into the actual "forget the wind, just hunt" argument -- the quality of the merchandise they put on out there is second to none.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Question. Aren't the the same thing?
Old 12-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Question. Aren't the the same thing?
ScentLoc and Scent Blocker (RobinsonOutdoors)both manufacture scent control clothing and other accessories, but they are 2 entirely different companies

Dan
Old 12-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll be placing an order as soon as the '08 line is released from Scentblocker for a couple pairs each of their base layers in both medium and heavy weights;
Bt now with all the manufacturers building garments with Scent Lok in them, doesn't that put them all on a pretty even keel. Scent Lok/ Scent Blocker.... can't you pretty much get the same things in either now???? I agree, in the beginning the Scent Blocker were much more functional and seemed to be more hunter friendly.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

ScentLoc and Scent Blocker (RobinsonOutdoors)both manufacture scent control clothing and other accessories, but they are 2 entirely different companies
Two entirely different companies that use the same carbon technology licensed from Robinson Outdoors (Scentlok). The differance is in the garments themselvesnot the carbon.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Robinson Outdoors makes Scent Blocker not ScentLoc

Dan
Old 12-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, sorry I got that backwards.

Sceltlok technologieslicenses their technology to Robinson and everyone else that makes scent blocking clothing.

Still the same stuff.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

For the most part, I've really liked the ScentBlocker stuff better than Scentlok's clothing. Seems SB's quality is better (IMO better than most whether scent or not) and their functionality always seems more to my liking (such as pockets, etc.). I really like Realtree's AP camo and bought an SL Savanna suit which seems o.k. I've got an SB 3D suit I really like. Just a side note, I've always thought Cabela's would have very good quality stuff that they put their name on but it seems like most of the Cabela's brand stuff is not as well made. I bought a Cabela's 3D suit a few years ago and think it was ScentLok on the inside but the suit itself I did not like at all and took back for the ScentBlocker.

Quick Reply: Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.