Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker? >

Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Scent Lock
42.50%
Scent Blocker
57.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker?

Old 12-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker?

It's good MeanV, it's just not going to be another it works, no it doesn't, yes it does, no it doesn't, prove it, no you prove it doesn't.....[&:][:'(]
Old 12-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I always get a kick out of guys who say "Hunt the Wind" and you don't need it. Scent is an all or nothing thing. I control mine by any and all means I can and if you don't you might as well not even bother doing anything. I have yet figured out how to be able to keep all the Deer upwind from me. Rattling, calling, decoy setups, etc. Deer invariably will end up downwind at some point. You better hope you have an edge or 2 or that hunt is busted. I watched hundreds of deer from my Treestand/Blind this year hunting IL. and NE. I was only winded a couple of times and never was it to where the Deer just blew out, rather they knew something wasn't right and moved off. I always setup with the wind to my advantage as best I can but I had many deer end up down wind of me anyway. It did not cost me this year. That's why I believe in a strict scent control regimen, which in my case does include scent blocker.

Dan
You are right but some people figure there superman with this stuff on and don't think they have to hunt the wind at all! The stuff works but you've still gotta use common sense.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Bartender

Same here Rob

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I always get a kick out of guys who say "Hunt the Wind" and you don't need it. Scent is an all or nothing thing. I control mine by any and all means I can and if you don't you might as well not even bother doing anything. I have yet figured out how to be able to keep all the Deer upwind from me. Rattling, calling, decoy setups, etc. Deer invariably will end up downwind at some point. You better hope you have an edge or 2 or that hunt is busted. I watched hundreds of deer from my Treestand/Blind this year hunting IL. and NE. I was only winded a couple of times and never was it to where the Deer just blew out, rather they knew something wasn't right and moved off. I always setup with the wind to my advantage as best I can but I had many deer end up down wind of me anyway. It did not cost me this year. That's why I believe in a strict scent control regimen, which in my case does include scent blocker.

Dan
Old 12-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Wind/Scent/Stinky Free.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Everyone.
I do want to clear something up this thread is for a choice of one or the other. This is not a thread that we'll use to decide whether it works or not or whether you hate the clothing or if it's to pricey. We have seen 1000 of those threads on this sight and they just turn ugly. I surely don't want to go that route here. We all know about the law suit and we all have our opinions.

Thanks

Enjoy the Thread!

Old 12-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Scent Blocker.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some of each, but more of Scent Blocker. I don't really have a preferrence because I suspect neither one helps much. If deer get down wind of you and conditions are wrong, you will get winded. I do like the clothes, though. I think the tight fabric does more to control scent than the small amount of carbon in them.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Dominant Buck

I have scent lok and it doesn't work.... so the other must be better. LOL
Old 12-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use to use scent lock, I don't anymore. The camo just sits in a tub now a days!!!!! I'm a firm believer in Scent free clothes wash and a scent free shower!!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Fork Horn

I believe that it buys you that extra 10-20 seconds for the shot. Answer to your question is i like scentblocker better only because i like there style of clothing line better than scentlock

Quick Reply: Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.