Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anyone hunt in missouri >

anyone hunt in missouri

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone hunt in missouri

Old 12-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anyone hunt in missouri

lol
Old 12-20-2007, 02:19 PM

South Central, Ozarks. Has anyone else seen the new proposed hunting regulations? Rifle season would be a week later, and a state wide 4-point restriction. I'm all for it, if youagreeyou can go to MDC.com and take the survey online. I know in our area it would definantly improve the quality of our hunting.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:30 PM

AND, the antlerless only season would be moved up to October. Not too happy about that.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:43 PM

They're moving it up so it's easier to tell the difference between mature does and fawns, also you won't have to worry about shooting bucks that have already lost their horns, and by killing the does before the rut you will have a better buck to doe ratio going into the rut, (ie. a better rut). I think they should schedule the anterles rifle season early in october,defiantly having it over by the 20th. Also, I think the 4 point restriction should only apply to adult hunters, so kids would have a better oppratunity to shoot their first buck.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think the early antlerless will make guys shoot a big buck if they see one more so than now
Old 12-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt 5 miles south of Warsaw. We got some big deer but i never see them.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in Southeast MO.........got a nice 8-Point Buck last year and this year during Rifle Season.There are some really nice BIG Bucks here in Mo.,too bad the EHD disease killed a lot of nice deer this year! [&:]

I'm for the 4-point restriction in our county...it would help the smaller Bucks grow to their potential.

Ben673...I like your reasoning for having the Anterless Season early.....I may change my view now?
Old 12-21-2007, 10:16 AM

What county do you hunt GTOhunter, I hunt our farm in Reynolds Co.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Live in St. Charles County, but hunt mostly in Calloway County. Conservation Dept. counted over 40 deaths due to Blue Tongue at Whetstone this year. We lost a nice 8 point on our property to it, found a 40lb Bluecat trying to drag him to deeper water.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:58 PM

North central Missouri not far from the Iowa border chances of getting a big buck is better. I hunted around the Rebel Cove area for about 30 years on private land and have taken some nice buck around that area. Lots of bowhunters from St. Louis and KC hunt the state ground and it look like a little city in the camping areas the first week of the season. I'm from Iowa and got lucky had relation living around the area and got to know a lot of the farmers around there through them.

Quick Reply: anyone hunt in missouri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.