HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Anyone have any mountain lions (panther) near them? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/223204-anyone-have-any-mountain-lions-panther-near-them.html)

npockat32 12-18-2007 01:20 PM

Anyone have any mountain lions (panther) near them?

Two guys this year next to our land while bowhunting think they saw a mountain lion. I live in Central WI in waupaca county and the DNR said they had reportings of people seeing them.

Just wondering if anyone else has saw then while hunting?

Lanse couche couche 12-18-2007 01:31 PM

RE: Anyone have any mountain lions (panther) near them?

I saw a cat paw print that waswiderthan a man's hand while hunting in southwest Louisiana over 20 years ago. I'm not saying that it was a panther, but.....

Confirmed panther sightingshave been pretty regular in Iowa in recent years, so why not Wisconsin.

burniegoeasily 12-18-2007 01:53 PM

Ive seen two on my land in west Texas, in the past 10 years. My cousin shot one two years ago on my land as well.He saw a doe and was getting ready to shot her, when he caught a glimps of a large cat behind her. He changed his focus and put the 30-06 in the cat in stead of the doe. Im sure there are more around, its just hard to see them. Very illusive creatures. I also feel there are more around because the neighbor, who has cattle, said he has had several calves disappear.

burniegoeasily 12-18-2007 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I saw a cat paw print that waswiderthan a man's hand while hunting in southwest Louisiana over 20 years ago. I'm not saying that it was a panther, but.....

Confirmed panther sightingshave been pretty regular in Iowa in recent years, so why not Wisconsin.
Ive had them on my land in Mid/South Louisiana. Between Elic (Alexandria) and Villplat. Not unusual to hear them in the woods at night. Ive actually seen a black one there several times.

lrhuntr 12-18-2007 01:59 PM

Family has a cabin near Park Falls, WI in Price County. Guy my uncle works will has a cabin near Butternut in Ashland County just north of us. He got a trail cam pic of one. I saw the pic of it. Kinda sends chills down your spine. Big cats with big teeth = a scary walk in the dark.

shed33 12-18-2007 02:02 PM

They live out my back door. I see one or two a year while out hunting or shed hunting in the spring.Trouthunter and I saw one this summer in August while antelope hunting.

Jim_IV 12-18-2007 02:02 PM

Yea, I have seen one in the bottoms behind my house and my grandpa and I saw two in Oklahoma. That is scary as hell when you see them, but hearing them makes my hair stand on end.

travisville 12-18-2007 02:02 PM

We got em here

GMMAT 12-18-2007 02:05 PM

Some guy thought he did on here a while back. Turns out it was a Great Dane;)

npockat32 12-18-2007 02:05 PM

I heard they love to eat deer and eat one deer per week?