Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pendulum sight, need opinions >

Pendulum sight, need opinions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pendulum sight, need opinions

Old 12-18-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Pendulum sight, need opinions

I'm probably going to get a pendulum sight for Christmas, anyone have any opinions on a good one to buy or any to avoid?

You just sight them in on the ground and then there is no guessing on range from the tree (out to like 30 yards?) right?

Any input would be appreciated.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pendulum sight, need opinions

I have shot them for years. The best that ive owned was a Savage. I know use a Trophy Ridge, not real impressed by it. I shoot a 60 lb bow with Beamen 400 arrows. Sighted in for 20 yds on the ground. It is dead on from 0-30 yds from 17 ft up. Hunting hill sides is a different story. Need to be on flat ground 15-20 ft up.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

I use an old, have no clue on the brand name, pen sight and love it. Sighted it in at 25 yards on flat ground then sat in the stand and took some shots. Lethal up to 30 yards. *KNOCK ON WOOD* I have yet to miss a deer with it!!!! I'm looking to move up to a fixed pin next year though.....seems to be a little more of a challenge that way.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have a keller pendulum and i love it...i can use mine up to 40 yards, but the directions say only good up to 30 yards.....just depends onyour bow speed.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

They are very limiting. Ive found no use for them.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

I used a Keller for years, but got to where I needed a fiber optic. Went with a Trophy Ridge V drive, it was OK. This year got a new bow and tried a 3 pin fixed. Next year going back to a pendulum, probably a Vitial Bow Gear. I like them, the Trophy Ridge was a litte noisy and heavy but it worked, the Keller is very nice if you got good eyes.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:09 PM

Thanks for the input so far guys. I probably would have gone with a Trophy Ridge first but nowI think I may keep looking.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a keller and have for years. Pretty easy to use. Sight it in from the ground at 20 yards locked in the number 4 spot to get your left/right adjustments made, then unlock the pendulum and shoot from an elevated spot 12 feet or higher at a target set 12-15 yards out. Make adjustments up or down based on this. Very simple to use and has been very accurate for me. I strictly bowhunt out of tree stands so it fits what i need.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

They are very limiting. Ive found no use for them.
My thoughts as well. I found that they were OK but not great. I've also had them stick when I was hunting as well. A pendulum sight is absolutely worthless if it doesn't move freely. I'm from the "simpler is better" school of thought when it comes to bow hunting. I ditched the pendulum sight for a 2 pin set-up. One for 20 and one for 30. They never stick when I least expect it.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:15 AM

Im with Burnie and simp. They're not necessarily "useless", but, they're right with overdraws. They served a purpose at one time, but with new technology, they dont give any advantage over set pin sights. If anything, less moving parts means less to go wrong when the shot comes around. Set somepins, shoot from elevated positions to get use to where your bow shoots, and go to the woods.

Quick Reply: Pendulum sight, need opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.