Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Season's Over again >

Season's Over again

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Season's Over again

Old 12-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Season's Over again

I could tell it was the first day after the season ended because I reached for regular shampoo and soap for the first time in about 3 months. I continued to use scent killing soap and shampoo throughout the entire season just in case there was a chance I could go hunting after work one day.
December 16th was the first time in a long time I had used normal soap.
I began to reflect over this season and could recall a lot of ups and not too many downs.
There was one that got away that I hope to meet up with next year.
I saw many deer this season and was able to take one good buck and four does.

More importantly to me, my son took his first doe all by himself with me by his side. The second doe with the one he took ran and stood only 30 yards away and I was able to take that one.
That doesn't happen very much and was a great moment when my son pulled the trigger and that big doe hit the ground.

I was also able to help a 15 year old boy take a great mature buck that actually won a local contest and he'll get a free shoulder mount.
I took many kids out this year and although not all of them left with a deer, I left with great memories and a wonderful feeling of accomplishment.

On the last day of the season I hunted with one of my best friends and his 9 year old son all day long doing small pushes. We didn't even see a deer, which didn't matter in the least to us.
It was a great last day andI wouldn't have traded it for anything. I wouldn't have traded any day this season for anything.

I feel most of us here hada good season. We were safe and were able to get out there and do what we love most. Regardless of what you took this season, it was worth the effort.

I'm now looking forward to rabbit hunting until the end of February with my friends and my son even though there is always a bit of sadness after the season is quickly stolen away from us.

Good luck to those of you still out there hunting. To the rest of us, it's time to move on to other hobbies, game animals, and projects. Good luck in those aspects as well.

Thanks for reading.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Season's Over again

Sounds like a great season Keith. I'm in the Eastern zone so I still have a couple of weeks.I've been able to take a decent buck and 3 does. Hopefully a few more nannies before it's over with on Jan. 1. My younger cousin is coming up the weekend from SC and I'm hoping he is able to get his first deer while hunting with me. That would be great!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Dominant Buck

You indeed had a great season, Keith. I hope we get to hunt together next year.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

As long as we made the best of it and had fun, then it is a sucess, sounds like you were very sucessful next season will be here before we know it!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can relate to the unscented soap and shampoo.Tomorrow will be the first day in almost three months that I wont be using the unscented products.Hunted for the last time this season today.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll be using normal shampoo and soap tommorow. Today is the last day of late archery/ml in NY. I've been using the green glop [8D]for 3 months now too. I grabbed the wrong bottle(normalshampoo)one morning by mistake and started pouring some in my hand to wash my hair. When I realized what I was doing it was like I was pouring acid on my skin or something. I chucked the bottle across the bathroom and marinated that hand in scent away to get rid of the evil normal shampoo smell [:-].