Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ATV's during Bow Season >

ATV's during Bow Season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ATV's during Bow Season

Old 12-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: ATV's during Bow Season

On private property do what you want. You pay the taxes not me
I have hunted a private 1000 acre farm a few times with some guys from work. These guys are a bit older than me and use 4 wheelers to get down close to their stands. These guys only rifle hunt so I'm safe when I go down archery hunting, but these guys are always wondering why they aren't seeing many deer when they go there and when they do they are seeing alot of young deer. I tried to tell them themature deer are wise to the 4 wheelers and they are basically ruining their hunts by using them. They see the small deer because they aren't as educated yet as the older ones. They just can't grasp the concept. 5 4wheelers on opening day before daylight makes one hell of a ruckus.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

They can be a very valuable tool when used correctly, unfortunately they rarely are.

I've never used mine to get to a stand however, I do use it for food plots. They can also be valuable to drop someone like a friend off at a stand rather than walking the two of you in and then you leaving. The deer here it come and go and relax vs hear it come and stay and be alarmed.

Valuable to pick the animal up afterward to to save the hide from dragging thought that's another reason I'm considering a cart...less noise, disturbance and scent.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

believe ATVs are great for carrying feeders and feed into the deep woods,
See told you they were a tool of Satan.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

There's no laws preventing it during bow season and you're hunting central not northern minnesota. Sorry that not everyone can get the memo that you are hunting. Cause yea I guess I should just walk 5 miles to get to my stand huh?

edit: I guess nobody is supposed to be trapping, grouse hunting, ice fishing, snowmobiling, dogsledding, or just do anything in the woods while you are deer hunting either.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cause yea I guess I should just walk 5 miles to get to my stand huh? [align=right]
[/align]
Stop being a girly man and walk, you might shoot Mongo on your walk in.[8D]
Old 12-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Cause yea I guess I should just walk 5 miles to get to my stand huh? [align=right]
[/align]
Stop being a girly man and walk, you might shoot Mongo on your walk in.[8D]
During the dark?[8D]
Old 12-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: travisville

There's no laws preventing it during bow season and you're hunting central not northern minnesota. Sorry that not everyone can get the memo that you are hunting. Cause yea I guess I should just walk 5 miles to get to my stand huh?
WTF do you know! I may live in Central Mn but I bear hunt in Northern Minnesota an hour south of the Canada border! Frickin 4 wheelers are buzzing around in and out of the woods making there own trails while i'm hunting! Drives me nuts! Have some respect for others!
Old 12-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

WTF do you know!
Wow take it easy man, your going to have a stroke.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well!! Some people i tell ya!

Quick Reply: ATV's during Bow Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.