Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Starflight FOBs

Old 12-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Spike

Default Starflight FOBs

Has anyone ever used the fobs? If so you thoughts and opinions...

Also, what about the QAD ultra rests??
Old 12-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Starflight FOBs

You migh try a search on the FOBs. I think some have had clearance problems with the QAD but the guy who sells them can help you tune it correctly. Me and my brother both started using them this year and are very happy with them. We both have ripcord rests and have no clearance issues. Both shot blazers before, the were fine for me, he could not get his montecs to group with them. He is getting great groups with the FOBs and montecs. I like the fact of no more fletching.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Starflight FOBs

I really like the FOBs. I hated fletching arrows, and these things are so easy to use. I like the fact that it forces you to make sure your drop away rest is functioning 100% perfectly. With regular vanes, I had slight contact and never even knew it! With a FOB, any contact is really obvious to say the least. That's a good thing because you know your rest is tuned correctly.

I use the 1" FOBs with a QAD Ultrarest (Hunter) with no problems. As long as you set up the rest properly, and use the OTHER launcher that comes in the package, you should have no problems. There's a ton of info on this subject at archerytalk, too. The founder (Paul Morris) is extremely helpful with getting your rest set up the right way.

By the way, they fly as advertised - terrific!