Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ladies bow

Old 12-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ladies bow

I just got the "hey I'd like to hunt some next season when it's not to cold" from the g/f. I need a budget ladies bow? I'll measure for DL tonight and we'll visit some shops to see what the max she can pull (hopefully 40#). What do you guys recommend I look for? I'm open to used/older bows as well. Thanks in advanced.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ladies bow

I'd say anything she chooses so long as it fits her draw length and Strength. Being as it's your wallet I wouldn't get too concerned about price, especially if you want to keep her.

A couple within reason and decent bang for the buck would be the Martin Cheetah or Leopard. It's going to depend on her draw length. And if you look at these know that they are adjustable 15# down from the marked draw weight. If necessary you can even fudge that a little. And the MPro/mini-MPro is one of the smoother drawing cams.

I'd mention more, but haven't kept up with all the offerings from other companies. It's nearly impossible. I'm sure there will be help soon.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks alot I will check into the Martin's. I currently shoot a diamond and love it, soI'm looking for info. from anyone with experience. Then she can tell her friends I bought her a diamond[8D]! thanks again BG
Old 12-14-2007, 10:12 AM

Diamond Edge, price is great and if she doesn't like it the resale on 'em is fantastic...
Old 12-14-2007, 10:20 AM

I have Bowtech Equalizer. Love it and it's quiet enough.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

Diamond Edge, price is great and if she doesn't like it the resale on 'em is fantastic...
[/quote]

My thought also. You can get 20-29, 30-40 and 40-50 lbs limbs. They also have a grow with your bow program, that when you grow out of your limbs that you are shooting, they will put the stronger limbs on for 50 bucks, if you start out with the smaller limbs! I got my son the 30-40 lbs for Christmas this year, so don't tell him!
Maybe shoot a few different ones and see what feels rightfor her!
crutch

Old 12-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Katie shoots a Q2 with 50 lb limbs and a 26" cam.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: crutch

My thought also. You can get 20-29, 30-40 and 40-50 lbs limbs. They also have a grow with your bow program, that when you grow out of your limbs that you are shooting, they will put the stronger limbs on for 50 bucks, if you start out with the smaller limbs! I got my son the 30-40 lbs for Christmas this year, so don't tell him!
Maybe shoot a few different ones and see what feels rightfor her!
crutch
crutch,

i was just at the range last night gettin my boy's set up, arrows cut to length and inserts/tips installed, installed a biscuit rest on it for him (took my old one off) and installed a deluxe biscuit on mine... did a rudimentary adjustment of the site to get him started and stuff... that thing is a shooter man (for a bow set at 30lbs), our boys are gonna love 'em...
Old 12-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Bought a left over Diamond Lite for my fiancee. She loves it.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys I'm gonna call our local diamond dealer right now to see if he has anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.