Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally Shot the bowtechs!! >

Finally Shot the bowtechs!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally Shot the bowtechs!!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Finally Shot the bowtechs!!

I shot the airbornes I did not care for them! Fast yes but along with that you get the noise and vibration and its a lengthy bow. I shot the general which I loved WOW what a bow. I then shot the Guardian and by far this was the nicest bow I ever shot smooth, and quiet, and no vibration or shock. So my mind is made up it will be a new Guardian for me next month!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Finally Shot the bowtechs!!

All though I do not have one...I did shoot one at the deer and turkey show last year. It was a very nice shooting bow, no hand shock at all. My cousin bought one and really seems to like it. My bow is getting a few years on it (still nice) and I will be looking very hard at this bow when the time comes.
congrats on your choice!
crutch
Old 12-14-2007, 07:14 AM

The airbornes are gonna be a tough choice for many...........they are fast but you pay for that speed in certain areas (hand shock, draw, etc) and the General and Guardian are smooth as silk but won't put out the speed.

I would like to shoot an Airborne with a nice stabilizer and see how she feels.

There is no point for me anyways to buy a Bowtech unless it gives me speed I can't get anywhere else.

Good luck in your choice.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll be sooting the Airborne (I have an 82nd on order)at targets that won't mind if it's a little less quiet than my Allegiance . I didn't think the 101st was "nosiy", though.

I DID think it was smokin fast.....and the one I shot was bare-bow (just a rest). I'm anxious to shoot it with a 10.5" Fuse Axiom stabilizer and see what it feels like.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't had a chance to look at the Airbornes yet, but I did take a look at the General. The draw is an improvement over the Guardian which was the only downfall I could find of that bow, but it was a big downfall for me. However, you lose so much speed with the improved draw that IMO it's just not worth it. If you don't mind the draw on the Guardian, as many don't, that is a fantastic bow. It puts out very respectable speed and the silence and lack of hand shock are amazing. I really wanted to like that bow last year, but could not get over the draw cycle.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:56 AM

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I haven't had a chance to look at the Airbornes yet, but I did take a look at the General. The draw is an improvement over the Guardian which was the only downfall I could find of that bow, but it was a big downfall for me. However, you lose so much speed with the improved draw that IMO it's just not worth it. If you don't mind the draw on the Guardian, as many don't, that is a fantastic bow. It puts out very respectable speed and the silence and lack of hand shock are amazing. I really wanted to like that bow last year, but could not get over the draw cycle.

Pretty spot on.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Some of you guys kill me....LOL[8D]

What's next? "Well I really like the XXXXXXZ that shoots 400 fps but it has hand shock and vibration but you lose so much speed when you shoot the XXXXXXY bow at 350, it's not worth it." LMAO

We use to tweek to get 300 fps now ya'll are considering that a slow bow.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:10 PM

I finally got to shoot the 82nd airborn and was not very impressed with the draw. I thought it drew particularly harsh and will be keeping my allegiance for this season. Definately a nice bow, but not enough to get me away from the allegiance.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Some of you guys kill me....LOL[8D]

What's next? "Well I really like the XXXXXXZ that shoots 400 fps but it has hand shock and vibration but you lose so much speed when you shoot the XXXXXXY bow at 350, it's not worth it." LMAO

We use to tweek to get 300 fps now ya'll are considering that a slow bow.
Isn't that the truth. I bought one of those 328 fps Guardians, but by the time I get through my short draw length, put on a bunch of things like whiskers, loopand peep... along with a 472 grain arrow, why I've got it slowed down where it's just about right. Somewhere around 260. Give or take 3 or 4 fps. LOL It's not the bow.... it's the Indian folks.[8D]
Old 12-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

That cracks me up. Anyone out there who is shooting a 350fps bow who complains about a little handshock or harsh draw is crazy. If you want something smooth as silk and something that doesnt even feel like its been shot then your looking at the wrong bows. Bowtech offers the nice tame, smooth quiet general and gaurdian for the folks who like an easy shooting, quiet, smooth bow with sufficiant speed. They have to have something that caters to the oposite end of the archery spectrum also, i.e. the speed freaks. Thats where the Airborne comes into play.

Quick Reply: Finally Shot the bowtechs!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.