HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Best Fall Away Rest For 2" Blazer Vanes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/222471-best-fall-away-rest-2-blazer-vanes.html)

RickV87 12-13-2007 12:11 PM

Best Fall Away Rest For 2" Blazer Vanes

I am trying to convert from the hostage arrow rest to a fall away or drop away style rest. I use 2" Blazer vanes and I am hoping someone can give me a little direction on what the best rest would be for my particular vanes.

TripleActionOutdoors 12-13-2007 12:14 PM

RE: Best Fall Away Rest For 2" Blazer Vanes

If I tell you this is the best it is! Trophy Ridge drop aways they all work about the same (Perfect). Run about one hundred... All I shoot are 2" blazers...

killadoe 12-13-2007 12:22 PM

You can pick up an Ultra Rest for about 50 dollars and they are the best...

GR8atta2d 12-13-2007 12:32 PM

Depends what bow your putting it on!

GMMAT 12-13-2007 12:47 PM

I have to orient the cock vane differently when switching between Carbon Force and a/c/c's (3-71's) due to clearance issues with my allegiance cables.

I'm switching to 4" vanes for 3D.....and 4 or 5" feathers for hunting, next year. The Blazers are durable enough.....but I'm not sure I'm getting the advantage they offer out of them at the distances I shoot.

mobow 12-13-2007 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I have to orient the cock vane differently when switching between Carbon Force and a/c/c's (3-71's) due to clearance issues with my allegiance cables.

I'm switching to 4" vanes for 3D.....and 4 or 5" feathers for hunting, next year. The Blazers are durable enough.....but I'm not sure I'm getting the advantage they offer out of them at the distances I shoot.
Ok, so......WHAT rest would you use?? :eek::D

GMMAT 12-13-2007 12:57 PM

I'd still use the QAD I'm using now. No vane issues.....no matter which vanes I'm using (with the rest).

My point was....I had issues with the BLAZERS v. other equipment.

bigbulls 12-13-2007 01:03 PM

If I tell you this is the best it is! Trophy Ridge drop aways they all work about the same (Perfect). Run about one hundred... All I shoot are 2" blazers...

I wouldn't give you a nickle for a drop zone, same for a MZE.

IMHO the best drop awayI have used and/ or testedis the Trophy taker Xtreme FC.I also like the Ripcord quite a bit. Both are built like a tank.

mobow 12-13-2007 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I wouldn't give you a nickle for a drop zone, same for a MZE.

IMHO the best drop awayI have used and/ or testedis the Trophy taker Xtreme FC.I also like the Ripcord quite a bit. Both are built like a tank.

bigbulls, you're one of the guys that when you start talking about equipment, I listen. I'm curious about this one though. I've had a DZ for.....4 years now I think and I absolutely love it. Why do you not like it?

TeeJay 12-13-2007 01:15 PM

Tough to beat a Shakey.