Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Fall Away Rest For 2" Blazer Vanes >

Best Fall Away Rest For 2" Blazer Vanes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Fall Away Rest For 2" Blazer Vanes

Old 12-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best Fall Away Rest For 2" Blazer Vanes

Wack, you said some things in your post that have me a little confused. Here we go:

I then put Drop Zone on my bow and the teflon sleeves got wrinkled slightly and that led to failure very quikly.
What teflon sleeves? The Trophy Ridge Drop Zone has a single post that has a rubber sleeve, and after having had one and put 1000s of shots through it don't understand how it could wrinkle. Also, if it did wrinkle I don't know how that could cause a failure.

The customer service that I got from DMI was outstanding, unlike the customer service I got from Bear Archery with the Drop Zone rest.
Bear Archery doesn't own Trophy Ridge as far as I know (I may be wrong on that since companies change ownership so frequently). In my experience Trophy Ridge has provided excellent customer service and I know others have received the same great service.

Please don't think I'm implying that what you said didn't happen, but I'm a little confused on the information you gave. I'm happy you found something that works for you and that you are happy with.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bear Archery doesn't own Trophy Ridge as far as I know (I may be wrong on that since companies change ownership so frequently). In my experience Trophy Ridge has provided excellent customer service and I know others have received the same great service.
It's not Bear Archery that owns them but Escalade sports. Escalade Sports is the parent company for Bear, Jennings, Satellite, Carolina Archery Products, Trophy Ridge, Rocket broadheads.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put a Trophy Ridge DZ on my 2003 bow and never had a reason to switch it, or my bow. Both still work very well for me.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

What teflon sleeves? The Trophy Ridge Drop Zone has a single post that has a rubber sleeve, and after having had one and put 1000s of shots through it don't understand how it could wrinkle. Also, if it did wrinkle I don't know how that could cause a failure.
First, I bought the DZ because it was highly recommended by satisfied customers of Trophy Ridge. Unfortunately, they changed the rest and Trophy ridge changed owners. I think mine was called the Guide series. With A hush kit included.
I don't know how the older DZ's were made, but the New ones the arrow rest is made of brass and rides on 2 posts. (you can only see 1 post unless you take the housing apart) Between the arrow holder and the 2 posts are 2 teflon sleeves that act as a lubricant for the rest to slide on the posts. They are very thin and delicate. When one sleeves gets a wrinkle in it, it hangs up, causing the arrow rest to drop crooked. It kind of dropped in a whipping motion with the far side of the rest dropping slower than inside. When this happens it catches A vane, and that bends the brass holder. Not only did it bend the arrow holder it distorts the 2 holes in the brass that ride on the posts. Makes the holes oblong, creating more play or wiggle. This adds more dings and wrinkles in the teflon. eventually the brass arm wouldn't even drop into the housing. My new rest was set up by a bow tech that sold and set up a lot of the DZ rests, it was there recommendation, but isn't anymore. They loved the old DZ rests and hate the new ones. Lucky me, I was the first to have trouble with the new ones at this shop.
When I called the customer service number, it was A Bear Archery tech who answered the phone after I was on hold for 26 minutes. He told me that Trophy Ridge was bought by Bear Archery's parent company as stated above by bigbulls. They sent me 2 new posts, 2 teflon sleeves, 2 springs and a new brass arrow holder, ect. but the posts and teflons sleeves the sent were about 1/4" too long and took a week to get here! When I called back to say these parts were too long they said that's all the parts they had, and I'd have to send it in for them to retrofit the parts. My bow shop decided they could just replace the whole rest and wait for the warranty parts so I could get out hunting and shooting. The new one failed on the first day after about 50 shots, while at the bow shop with the tech by my side.
I then called DMI. It was the Friday night of Labor day(?) weekend. They rushed me a new DMI Expert II that reached my door the next day. The owner of DMI drove my rest 30 miles to A UPS drop off place and paid the extra postage to get it to me in less than 24 hours. If he didn't do that, I would have had to wait till the next Tuesday because of the holiday. That's good service, and beyond the call of duty in my book. I also didn't get anywhere with the DZ people when trying to get a refund after switching over to the DMI rest. The bow shop eventually gave me a $25 store credit for my damaged DZ and installed my DMI rest for me.