HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Tell me about Rocket Steelheads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/222454-tell-me-about-rocket-steelheads.html)

txjourneyman 12-13-2007 10:44 AM

Tell me about Rocket Steelheads

Wally World has 3 packs on clearance for $11. I thought about trying them for turkeys. 100gr. What do you think?

kwilson16 12-13-2007 10:55 AM

RE: Tell me about Rocket Steelheads

They would be great for turkeys. The one doe I shot with them was a very difficult recovery because of a lack of penetration. I quit using them on deer.

NEW61375 12-13-2007 11:02 AM

Buy them all!! These are great broadheads and very durable. I shoot rocket Steelhead 100's and they normally go for $24-$27 a 3 pack. I have killed many deer with them and have never experienced any penetration problems. If you see any of the Rocket Ultimate Steel or Ultimate Titanium 100's they are great too. Very accurate/durable/sharp and they are fixed blades.

mobow 12-13-2007 11:08 AM

Dem dare is some bad boys.....They work great on deer too....;)

Legacy357 12-13-2007 11:27 AM

i smoked two does with them after few years back. I typically shoot rocket sidewinders but couldn't find any mid season. Bought the steelheads instead and they did the job with nice blood trails each time. Rocket makes one broadhead with 2.5 inch cutting diameter. That is what I use for turkey

Bols 12-13-2007 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Great product review...you get paid for those gems? Makes me wanna go out and buy a coupledozen.

I now see how you got over 10,000 posts so quickly.....

GMMAT 12-13-2007 11:29 AM

Hey Greg....I shot my spring gobbler with that head. HUGE HOLE in a turkey.

I wouldn't be afraid to use it on a deer, either. I let one of Buckmaster_101's buddies borrow some (I have replacement blades) and he took a doe with them. Didn't ask how the hole/recovery was, though.

I'd be ALL OVER them for that price. I likely have a dozen lying around, somewhere......waiting for turkey season!

txjourneyman 12-13-2007 11:38 AM

I guess I'll be buying them out then!

mobow 12-13-2007 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Bols

ORIGINAL: mobow

Great product review...you get paid for those gems? Makes me wanna go out and buy a coupledozen.

I now see how you got over 10,000 posts so quickly.....
:D You, too, could be this good......BUT, you really need to be in the woods to test them out, which of course leaves you in the dark......Then again, you may just be in the dark anyway....:eek:

TripleActionOutdoors 12-13-2007 12:21 PM

I think accuracy sucks![:@]