HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New Double Bull Blind for 2008! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/222339-new-double-bull-blind-2008-a.html)

thehairlessone 12-12-2007 03:05 PM

New Double Bull Blind for 2008!

Just when you thought it couldnt get any better. Double bull is releasing a new blind for 2008. It is called the "Dark Horse" and has a brand new camo pattern. They are phasing out the deception pattern for this new one. They said it is superior to the deception pattern.
The blind itself sounds awesome. One half of it is like a matrix and one half is like a T5. You would probly use the matrix side most of the time and it something came in from behind you it would be easy to turn around and drop the flap and shoot.
That was the only bad thing about the matrix. If something came in behind you it would take longer to quietly open the back side without spooking the animal.
Also, double bull has been bought out by Primos. I didnt think double bull could get any better but if anyone can do it Primos can.
Now I am going to have to sell my matrix and get one of the dark horse's! :thumb:

I will post more info and pics when it is available

Rick

Washington Hunter 12-12-2007 03:18 PM

RE: New Double Bull Blind for 2008!

So, they're getting rid of the deception pattern? Are they moving on from Predator all together or am I misunderstanding? That was one of the things I liked about my Double Bull(s). It was the only pattern I've found on a blind that I really like and have faith in.

I can't believe that they sold out to Primos though... Kind of disapointing in a way, at least to me.

MN/Kyle 12-12-2007 03:30 PM

Nope, dissapointing to me too, Dan. Prob going to be Mossy Oak, thats the wagon the primos boys are on[:'(]

thehairlessone 12-12-2007 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Nope, dissapointing to me too, Dan. Prob going to be Mossy Oak, thats the wagon the primos boys are on[:'(]
I dont think it is disappointing at all. I think it will make double bull even better. Look what Primos did for pse and now the fred bear bow lines. It should take double bull to another level

They are getting rid of the deception camo over time. This new one (it isnt mossy oak or realtree!) is supposed to be deception all to heck.

rick

Deleted User 12-12-2007 04:29 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

TEmbry 12-12-2007 06:40 PM

how much for your outdated matrix?:);)

Deleted User 12-12-2007 06:45 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Mike from Texas 12-12-2007 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I dont think the camo pattern really matters on a blind !!!

Unless you try to set it up and then hunt it right away, as ifyouwere gun hunting from a distance and really needed thatconcealment.

If I plan to hunt from a blind, its going to be set up and branched in MONTHS before the season.

Not always the case. Where I hunt, there's barely a tree in sight.

I too am disappointed at the sale to Primos and the change in camo.

thehairlessone 12-13-2007 05:23 AM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry15

how much for your outdated matrix?:);)
Funny you should ask. I just so happen to have the last U.S. made matrix in the original deception camo. It has the lightweight rods too which cost extra but take off almost 5 lbs. It is new in the box so it would be pretty pricey.

You guys havent even seen the new camo yet. How can you be disappointed? They assure me it beats the deception camo all to heck.

This is NOT the new camo they are coming out with in the photo. This is a special edition blind they are making for mathews dealers.

rick

Alex Burns 12-13-2007 09:22 AM

They assure me it beats the deception camo all to heck.
Do you really believe they'd tell you Yeah, we wish we could still getDeception because this stuff isn't near as good... :eek: