Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Law Needed

Old 12-12-2007, 10:12 AM

Default RE: New Law Needed

Wow. Tough deal, but it could have been worse. At least you and the boy are okay...
Old 12-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

Some people just don't get it!!
GL
Old 12-12-2007, 10:16 AM

I am so happy your son is OKAY!

Mr. Java and Ido not like deer drives; will never be part of one. But, I have to say that is the only reason I saw deer this past weekend. But, the property that they drove was a distance away that I had no chance of getting hit in the head with pellets.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

He claimed he didn't hear those instructions.
Boy, wouldn't it suck if he really didn't know.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Javabird17

I amy so happy your son is OKAY!

Mr. Java and Ido not like deer drives; will never be part of one. But, I have to say that is the only reason I saw deer this past weekend. But, the property that they drove was a distance away that I had no chance of getting hit in the head with pellets.
Not to hijack the thread, but deer drives can be done quite safely. These guys obviously were not playing by the rules.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank God that guy didn't kill anyone. Same that people have to act like that sometimes. Glad your son is ok, hope his knuckles don't hurt to bad
Old 12-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

If lead flies at me, Im sending some back.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

On one hand, I am applauding your son for dropping that guy, with the caveat that it was youthful rash behavior, and you for keeping things from escalating. On the other hand, I am reminded of a long drawn out recent post that we should support all of our other hunting brothers and sisters. This guy was not poaching, he is simply a hunter, a careless hunter, but a hunter nonetheless. So, I ask all of you who said support your fellow hunters (some of which have already posted negatively about the guy on this thread)where that support is now? That support disappears when folks start doing stupid things, which seem to be more prevelant in gun hunting.

In all honesty, I am happy with the way you and your son handled it and happier that nobody was really hurt (except fatty with the sore jaw). Good job on recovering some of the deer and feeding the hungry too.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boy still had a glove one when he dropped him. I asked him later how his hand was and he said fine. I really don't think it hurt him at all. Now I have to say my baby is 6' tall and weighs in at 240 himself. But normally he has a real slow burning fuse and most things slide right off his shoulders.

I agree a drive can be done safely but I only had people there because the landowner told me that there would be a crapload of deer break our way and if I didn't have people posted, they would probably figure we weren't home and then come over and push my land afterwards.

The guy who shot in my son's direction was told personally by me that we had people all along that fenceline and not to shoot that direction.

Landowner just told me 5 minutes ago, his land will be posted by next year and no one but his family and mine can hunt there in the future.

I got a bad case of the "what if's" Monday night and I was really shook. All I can do is try to keep everyone else off my property and hope no one shoots this direction within bullet range. High power season opens January 10th for 12 days. I'll have an ulcer by the time it ends.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:31 AM

Try not to get yourself too worked up man. The incident is still rather fresh in your mind. Things will settle down...

Quick Reply: New Law Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.