HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Mathews & realtree what the happened? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/222268-mathews-realtree-what-happened.html)

Xtremebone 12-12-2007 07:10 AM

Mathews & realtree what the happened?

Does anyone know what happend?

What is with this lost camo is mathews making it.

Thanks for any info!

GMMAT 12-12-2007 07:12 AM

RE: Mathews & realtree what the happened?

Can I throw out a "hunch"?

I'm sure these bow companies pay royalties to the camo companies to be able to use their patterns.

So....if you create your own.....you cut out another mouth you've been feeding.....and thereby decrease your expeditures.

"My hunch".

HuntingBry 12-12-2007 07:16 AM

Not a bad theory Jeff. Also, since Mathews only offers their bows in one pattern, why not make it something they don't have to pay for. I've seen the Lost pattern and I really can't tell the difference between it and AP. I wouldn't be surprised if there is still some licensing with Realtree the patterns are so close.

Justin 12-12-2007 07:16 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Can I throw out a "hunch"?

I'm sure these bow companies pay royalties to the camo companies to be able to use their patterns.

So....if you create your own.....you cut out another mouth you've been feeding.....and thereby decrease your expeditures.

"My hunch".
Listen to this guy, he's a smart man. ;)

YooperMike 12-12-2007 07:16 AM

Like the hunch Jeff. Elite Archery has their own pattern (at least I think it is their original)

Xtremebone 12-12-2007 07:16 AM

Thanks GMMAT,
I had the same hunch myself just wonder if there was anything more to it. I mean that pattern looks a lot like Realtree anyway.

GMMAT 12-12-2007 07:25 AM

I said it was a "hunch". I know nothing;)

bawanajim 12-12-2007 07:31 AM

I said it was a "hunch". I know nothing;)
you do know those words will come back to haunt you don't you?;)

GMMAT 12-12-2007 07:33 AM

Yes. Someone will quote me with that statement, for sure. It'll have nothing to do with the subject matter at hand....but I'm reserved to the factit's probably already on a couple hard drives.;)

_Dan 12-12-2007 07:36 AM

Yes. Someone will quote me with that statement, for sure. It'll have nothing to do with the subject matter at hand....but I'm reserved to the factit's probably already on a couple hard drives.;)

HEY!!! I apologized!!!!!!!!:(