Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews & realtree what the happened? >

Mathews & realtree what the happened?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews & realtree what the happened?

Old 12-12-2007, 10:33 AM

Default RE: Mathews & realtree what the happened?

If they are saving money I bet you won't see any of it. If anything they will charge you more for it. They will call it some new technology like those goofy dampners that do nothing.

Paul
Old 12-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

They will call it some new technology like those goofy dampners that do nothing.

Paul
I'm staying out of the subject matter at hand, but have to comment on this.......

Paul, with all due respect, this is not true at all. We have 2x bare SB risers at the shop......one with the dampners and one without. Drop the one with them in it on the floor......quiet as a church mouse. Drop the one without them.......tuning fork. They work and they work well. Just an FYI.......
Old 12-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Burn.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:18 PM

Paul your 100% WRONG, that makes me mad when somebody says something like that when they dont know what they are talking about.ive done this experiment and its just like he said
Old 12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Here's my theory. [8D]It wasn't Mathews. Realtree finally said, you are not putting our good camo on those bows, damperners or now dampeners.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL
Old 12-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am currently working on patenting an all black camo - we cant let those companies use black risers or limbs for free![8D]

Paul your 100% WRONG, that makes me mad when somebody says something like that when they dont know what they are talking about.ive done this experiment and its just like he said
I've seen the test, and they do work. but really, is there a need for 14 or however many they have on there now? wait, do they have them in the string supressors yet? (add that to the list of things to be patented)
Old 12-13-2007, 07:07 AM

they already have them in the string supressors, and i agree, there probaly isint any need for as many as they got.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:30 AM

Summit stands already ditched the big name camo royalties last year I think............sign of the times.

Funny thing is I don't see any of this stuff getting cheaper.

Cheap strings and cables........cheap camo.......wonder what the next cut corner will be.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:41 AM

Yeah, well guys that would be cool if I went around dropping my bare riser on the floor all the time. You can get mad all you want but a few years ago I was thinking of getting a Mathews and shot several of them. I asked the guy what the dampeners did and he let me play with them. I shot several different bows with the dampener in, with one dampener in, mixed the types of dampeners and shot the bows with no dampeners. At no point and time did I notice a difference in any of them with any configuration. And I even did some of the tests with my eyes closed so I did not know what they did to it.

So in my eyes they did nothing that effected me wanting them. Limbsavers work better in my opinion. Give me a little credit guys, it's not my second day in the Pro Shop alright.

I always thought those string suppressors bolted to the limbs were pretty useless as well. 2 dollar yarn puff balls will make your bow more quiet. And before you jump all over me for that one I have next to plenty of guys on indoor leagues that had them and the bows were far from quiet in my opinion. My 300 dollar darton with limbsavers and puff balls was way more quiet. Enough so that they would comment on it.

Just my opinions and nothing more, no need to get mad about it. If you think they work then use them. They certainly don't hurt anything. But don't make it sound like I just looked at one in the magazine and said "Those things can't work, I think I will post all over the internet about what junk they are." I did actually play with them, just so you know.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.