Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Could be looking for a new bow >

Could be looking for a new bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Could be looking for a new bow

Old 12-12-2007, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Could be looking for a new bow

Well i think im going to be retiring the old Nova and getting something newer. Although she has never let me down and has harvested quite a few deer since I gother back in 2001 I think its time to give her a rest and pass her down to my son. Im going to be looking for just a bare bow, since I already have everythign else I would need. Ive been thinking of going back to PSE since they have a warranty that just cant be beat, but have also been looking a some of the Bear's. I dont want to spend mucho bucks on a bare bow since im not sure what my funding is going to be like in the spring. Maybe $300 tops. What do some of you Bear shooters recomend?? How are their warranties???
Old 12-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Could be looking for a new bow

With $300 as your price limit bare bow then the Fred Bear Element is probably the model you are going to want to look at. It sells for right at that price point and offers an attractive parallel limb design that most shooters appreciate shooting.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to dissuade you because everyone has their own opinions about each bow, but last weekend my son and I shot a bunch of bows while shopping for a new one. I had heard a lot of good things about the Element. I shot two arrows from it and set it aside. It was not even CLOSE to anything else we tried (and we were looking mainly at low price range bows). I will add the disclaimer that it might have been that particular bow, but it was horrible. We went with the Diamond Rapture (a 2007) for my son and I am going back this weekend to shoot some more. We also shot the Rock (the 2008 replacement for the Rapture), but my son liked the Rapture better. (I didn't notice any difference between the two.) After all that I heard about how nice the Bear bows were for the money, I have to believe there was something wrong with that particular bow. SO, my suggestion to you is shoot as many in your price range as you can and then decide.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great Ill start shopping after Christmas and hit about 5 different pro shops.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

This past summer when I was bow shopping I originally began looking for a bow in the $300 range. I wound up buying a much more expensive PSE Firestorm X, but of the bows that I shot in that price range I have to say that I liked the Parker Wildfire XP. I recommend you take a few shots with it and see how you like it.

FWIW, I did not like the Element at all.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 AM

You want a new bow for 300$?? Brand New?? Don't think it can be done. Let me know if you find one.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come on Tony spend some money. We all know you got it.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mcouey

This past summer when I was bow shopping I originally began looking for a bow in the $300 range. I wound up buying a much more expensive PSE Firestorm X, but of the bows that I shot in that price range I have to say that I liked the Parker Wildfire XP. I recommend you take a few shots with it and see how you like it.

FWIW, I did not like the Element at all.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even try the Wildfire. I will have to give that a try before I make the final decision.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well hell with the 3,000,000 dollar loan our company took out they can buy it for me lol
ORIGINAL: npockat32

Come on Tony spend some money. We all know you got it.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:43 AM

Wis Bow, look at the PSE XForce, I got it, and it is bad to the bone. fast!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.