Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your Rob Buck Stories >

Your Rob Buck Stories

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your Rob Buck Stories

Old 12-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Your Rob Buck Stories

So as not to trespass on another thread I'll post a new one.

I was spot/stalking tall grass bottoms during a very windy day pre-rut when I crossed paths with a great 2 1/2 year old buck missing half of his rack. I couldn't help but laugh to myself as "Rob Buck" was the very first thing to enter my mind. Sorry Rob[&:]

Old 12-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Your Rob Buck Stories

About 11 years ago, I was stalking a herd of doe along a river. I ended up stumbling on a buck. He was a huge guy, weighing in the heavy 200lbs. I could tell he had a nice rack on one side, but couldnt see the other side. Didnt matter, this big boy was going to get an arrow. When I recoverd him, he was a 7 point, with only one side of his rack. The other side was not broke off, just never grew more than a small nub. He filled the freezer.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

Last year I was out spotting and came across a real nice buck. Upon closer inspection I noticed that he only had 4 one the right side. I went over the hill and spotted another good buck. When I checked him out, same thing but only on the left side this time. Two different bucks with identical antlers on different sides of the head.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

yea,sort of,but even better if its a half rack with a spike on one side
Old 12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had to poke a hole in this PA "Rob Buck" back in 2002.
From the ground in a pouring rain from a little makeshift brushed in blind that consisted of just some cedar and assorted foliage.

18 yards broadside and you really can't tell from the pic but he's a big old deer. I have his euro skull mount at home and his head dwarfs all but the 150" I shot this year. The pic doesn't do him justice, he's a freak of thing, looks like part Reindeer as the beams just go straight back with no curve to them.(His left "brow" is split and bladed almost flat and hard to see)

This was the deer I shot less than 3hrs after I pulled that bow (first Bowtech Patriot) out of the box, it still smelled like cardboard.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

My first buck (Gun)in early 1980's was a Rob Buck. I was I in my teens. Hunting from the ground behind a make-shift ground blind on top of a Mountain where I could see the bench below me.
It was bitterly cold!! It was around 10:30 am opening day. I was freezing. I was down on my knees cooking pork and beans on a can of Sterno. I look up and here come a Buck over the hill. He has 3 points on one side (this is way before antler restrictions although he'd still be legal in my area) and something on his other side. I'm now shaking so bad from the cold and the excitement, I can barely hold steady.. Breathe Breathe Ok this is as good as it gets.I center the open sighted 6mm on his shoulder and Boom! Down he goes, I wait half a milli-second and run to him! He falls good antler side down..the side I can see is broken just after the brow-tine making him a 5 point. By the time I get back to my stand the beans are boiling...ahh life is good!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hahahaha, this thread is great. Can't wait for Rob to get out of work and see this one.......lol.

Last year I was sleeping away in my treestand during the NY rifle season. Just as I was dreaming about getting down from the stand to go to camp and raid the leftover bacon from breakfast, I awoke to look into the field and see what appeared to be a really nice buck with a good looking rack eating clover in the field approximately 200 yards from me. I center punched his heart and after a short blood trail Dan found him laying there, with the side that had horn buried in the leaves. After closer inspection, he was a nice 3.5 year old buck with no pedicle on his right side and a good 4 point antler on the other. He is now proudly displayed as a european mount on the wall of my cabin.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Euro Mount RJ!!!

Very Cool!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt, that is wierd that he didn't have a pedicle.

Well, since I started this, sort of, I'll have to share another "Rob buck" story. Back in 2001 I believe I was hunting for a week in NJ with my buddy. I was in a ladder stand in some cedars on my last evening there with a flight back to FL in the morning. A real big bodied old buck came by with the oddest "rack." He had two 3 inch spikes on either side and his right antler came down along his jaw line like a microphone on a headset. Well, I whacked that old boy and he is now know as the walkie-talkie buck. After cutting his rack it could be seen that his skull had been broken bending his right pedicle downward and then rehealed causing the unusual growth. I wish I had done a skull mount on him.

Quick Reply: Your Rob Buck Stories

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.