Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot a lot of new bows last night >

Shot a lot of new bows last night

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot a lot of new bows last night

Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 AM

Default RE: Shot a lot of new bows last night

atlas, the Xforce was a hot seller everywhere last year, and I truly did not set out to buy one, it was the only bow that could get me over 300 fps at a 26" draw. it is shooting 309 fps @ 70 lbs. it has already paid for itself with the season i have had. It is not as forgiving as other bows, so you have to practice and be good at it, but it is so fast and the KE is awesome.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: archer58

A Marquis or an Airborne were on my list to check out this year. The feature that concerns me is the ATA of the new bows.
I think they would becomea problemin a treestand. A 32-33 ATA would work better in a blind also.

I'm not a ground blind hunter but the Airborne did seem long. 36.5 I think they are.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:22 AM

C'mon now...calling the Allegiance "obsolete"..shame! that's a bit harsh now isnt it??
I know mine still shoots mighty sweet...:-)
Old 12-11-2007, 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: hambone44

C'mon now...calling the Allegiance "obsolete"..shame! that's a bit harsh now isnt it??
I know mine still shoots mighty sweet...:-)

No no no.............the Ally is a great bow.......it just doesn't fit in the line up anymore with the Airbornes being an option.

Kinda like the Ally pushed the Tribute out the door.

Your old Ally probably shoots as nice or better then anything I shot yesterday.............I just don't see why anyone would buy one now with the Airbornes on the next hook.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:41 AM

Thanks Atlas,
In your opinion which bow of the ones tested would you choose. I currently shoot a 2000 Matthews UltraMax, and am looking to upgrade for next year. Speed is not a concern of mine.

Hyde
Old 12-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice review Atlas. This was about what I expected. I ended up with an 07 Drenaline last year because I got tired of waiting for a LH Cardiac and the righty Cardiac I shot dropped the string suppressor on the floor. After selling my old bow it was about a wash. I don't see any reasons to change this year. Until someone comes up with a bow producing 82nd Airborne speeds with Switchback like draw and Guardian like hand shock and silence I don't know that I will change.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a refreshing review!

It seems like every bow review I read lately says "Bow X is the smoothest, fastest, quietest bow ever and it has ZERO hand shock, and ZERO vibration blah blah blah."

I'll get to the shop and shoot the new ones, but I'm so happy with my 06 Pearson Stealth that I'd have to be pretty impressed to buy a new bow. Even if I fell in love, I'd probably wait another year or two and buy a used one or a clearance bow. The prices of brand new bows are insane IMO.

Maybe I'll wait another year and pick up an 07 Allegiance dirt cheap....