Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Amish tresspassing on our land >

Amish tresspassing on our land

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Amish tresspassing on our land

Old 12-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Amish tresspassing on our land

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I don't think that the Amish are known for trespassing.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Perhaps not your area, the Amish in this area are pathetic and less than desirable members of society and it goes beyond hunting incidents. They get every member of their family, license or no license and push property they have no business being on.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

gzg38b, yes most Native Americans are protected from game laws on reservations. It's the least we can do. After all, Europeans took what did not belong to them and told the Natives where, how, andwhen they could live their lives after 25,000 years, doing it the way they knew. Im not against game laws, but it seems that the Natives were doing it right long before there were laws, think about it, deer and many other animals almost became extinct at one point, because of... you guessed it... Europeans/settlers.
On reservations, fine. But it's not just on the reservations. It's on public land and waters too. That's the part I don't get.
It's because they retained the rights to hunt and fish however they wanted on lands purchased from them by the US Govt. It was a legal contract, therefore the government has tohonor it.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Spike

Google search Amish Deception. Do a little research into this cult and you will find one of the greatest fleecing of the American public's minds. The truth behind this lifestyle is shocking. This is my opinion formed after a lifetime of interaction with the Amish. Yes, there are some great Amish folks- However in no way shape or form is the image of the Amish depicted in the media even remotely accurate. Am I writing this cause I know they can't respond because they don't embrace modern conviences like "computers?" No, I write this because I know they read this. Don't buy the ridiculous notion that this "peacefully passive" religion isn't involved in modern questionable behavior. What I have seen would be considered disturbing to a self proclaimed Poaching, Tresspassing, Drunk Atheist. I don't have anything against them- just don't buy the image that are struggling to uphold.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:43 PM

we have problems with them poaching in our area too. A few years back they finally got caught with a bunch of untagged deer. Since we don't have any amish areas, they're all coming from out of state.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: engie

Google search Amish Deception. Do a little research into this cult and you will find one of the greatest fleecing of the American public's minds. The truth behind this lifestyle is shocking. This is my opinion formed after a lifetime of interaction with the Amish. Yes, there are some great Amish folks- However in no way shape or form is the image of the Amish depicted in the media even remotely accurate. Am I writing this cause I know they can't respond because they don't embrace modern conviences like "computers?" No, I write this because I know they read this. Don't buy the ridiculous notion that this "peacefully passive" religion isn't involved in modern questionable behavior. What I have seen would be considered disturbing to a self proclaimed Poaching, Tresspassing, Drunk Atheist. I don't have anything against them- just don't buy the image that are struggling to uphold.
I googled it. As a self proclaimed atheist, I was not in the least bit surprised. Was it because I wasnt poaching or drunk at the time? Im not sure.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:10 AM
Bartender

Are you just a bit west of Madison? Heard a lot of amish folks out that way.
ORIGINAL: npockat32

Anyone have any problems with Amish trespassing on everyone's land?

I caught them last week on my land and told them to get the DELETED FOR SKIRTING PROFANITY FILTER (LUCKY ENTIRE THREAD WAS NOT DELETED) off. They asked me where the lines are which was a stupid question because they don't own and woods.

I was so angry. I told them to get off our land and to never come back on it.

Hopefully I won't gave to get the police involved.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Bartender

Nevermind just mapquest marion and see its near new london. I hunt up near antigo, should be safe for now.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Being from Amish country I can tell you, they are the most friendly most respectable people and most hardworking than anyone I know. When I lived in Norwalk Wi up on St Marys Ridge, we had alot of Amish around us. Our families pretty much grew up together. We never had any problems with letting them on our property and if they snuck in so what, big deal. They are hunters just like us. They do not go by the same laws as we do so Im not sure if they can be hit with a tresspassing fine or not. I have never had problem with the Amish as long as they respect the land and the landowners wishes they are more than welcome to hunt in my book.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well being in law enforcemnt I can say there is good and bad in all!!! I can say the Amish on the farm where we hunt in Illinois have all been VERY respectfull and even QDM. Now I heard last year that the DNR here in Michigan on the Pere Marqutte river where we fly fish the salmon busted a group of 25 Amish for snagging salmon which is illigal and they also had way over the limit. Just guess it's where you are at and who they are!! Walt
Old 12-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Run that by me again... the Amish??? Damn. If we gotta worry about them, then none of our land is safe!!! Amish poachers, who'd a thunk it!
They are the worst offenders around here. Ohioans come here and hunt with resident tags. P.G.C. will report soon about a barn in Greenwood township found last week to have 2 dozen deer all untagged.
I agree I seen a group of them hunting in Perry County, Pa. already and they got a few deer and none of them were tagged? I thought maybe it was something to do with who they were that they did not have to tag deer? I dont know? They were not worried about it the put the deer in the truck and headed back out in the woods . This was the 1st day of gun season years ago. They would shoot anything! The wifes would sit in the big black van and read all day while they piled up the deer. I seen it 1st hand and the game commission stopped too. So I thought it was something that they did different? This was like 15 years ago.

Quick Reply: Amish tresspassing on our land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.