HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   How many bowhunters have rifle hunted? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/221894-how-many-bowhunters-have-rifle-hunted.html)

TripleActionOutdoors 12-10-2007 10:33 AM

How many bowhunters have rifle hunted?

I was wondering how many big game bowhunters only bowhunt big game?

mauser06 12-10-2007 10:43 AM

RE: How many bowhunters have rifle hunted?

i rifle hunted for...8 years...bow hunted 2 year...hunted 9 seasons now..last year i hunted both bow and rifle season...this year i tagged my buck with a bow so i didnt rifle hunt, but wouldnt have rifle hunted...i purposly screwed up the scope on my deer rifle before the season and told myself "bow or flintlock only" took my buck with the bow...going to doe hunt a little with the flinter in the late season

nothing against rifle hunting, but 10 deer with the rifle, just kinda...lost its spark...

GregH 12-10-2007 11:00 AM

I do both.

BigJ71 12-10-2007 11:03 AM

Both for me as well....I enjoy them equally.

HuntingBry 12-10-2007 11:05 AM

I got started in hunting with the rifle. The bow was just a way to extend my season. Now I enjoy bowhunting much more, but I still hunt with a gun, just not as much.

8pt~Bowhunter 12-10-2007 11:05 AM

Both....:)

Red Boar 12-10-2007 11:10 AM

Too me, it's all about extending your season and time in the woods. So yes, gun, archery, muzzleloader (if I was still in PA, I'd do late season Flintlock as well), etc. ;)

shed33 12-10-2007 11:15 AM

I do it all and plan on getting into muzzleloader hunting next fall. We have a unit here in NI that only allows muzzleloader hunting for whitetails in the rut, no bow no nothing else... I live within 20 miles of this unit and have never hunted it because they dont allow rifle or bow... There are some big boys living in that unit because they never get rifle hunted..

Greg / MO 12-10-2007 11:22 AM

I started off gun hunting, and found no enjoyment in it.

I'm not being deragotory towards others who do gun hunt, and I'll fight with every bone in my body for us to keep that right -- but I grew up with a gun in my hands and became a very skilled marksman. For me personally, it was as simple as if I could see it, I could kill it.

I'm a bowhunter only for everything but squirrels, rabbits and dove. Large game is bow only.

HuntinGUS 12-10-2007 11:22 AM

I started rifle hunting and picked up bow hunting so that I could hunt more. I still rifle huint and I am going to start with a muzzleloader hunting next year also.

I like it all! :D