Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-09-2007, 08:16 AM

Default RE: Bowtech gone BAD ?

i got a brand new commander last year w/ the exact same problem - missing the spacer between the central limb clamp and the limb, and its a big issue. the nipple on the underside of the clamp wallered out the little indent in the limb, and then crused it (the limb)- its quite a dangerous deal. bowtech sent new limbs and 'spacers', but the bow had real bad cam lean after that, so they sent all new axles - which didn't correct the issue. got a brand new bow to replace it - which broke a limb after 2 days of shooting - which bowtech replaced and i immediately sold the bow cheap (i gotthe originalreal cheap just so i'd shoot it).
Old 12-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Buckeye. I think that the modules actually read

F CPX 2...not S.

Is "2" the number that you are reffering too ?
Yes.... Thank you.

Starting from the #1 end of the draw stop holes on your cam, move your draw stop to the 16th hole.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is what I love about this forum. Any "issue" can be resolved with a little patience and cooperation.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

LOL, I was busy researching the question from him via PM without reading this thread. Scott, we came to the same conclusion.

I also offered up this chart.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Droptine, I sent you a reply to your PM, but these guys have helped...........3rd hole (19th counting correctly)is wrong, don't get crazy there. LOL
Get it down where it belongs and read what I said about the offset screw on the stop.

I'd really like to be able to see you at full draw because I have feeling that you just might be too far overdrawn which diminishes your ability to pull consistently against the wall and will give you the feeling of no valley or the bow wanting to "GO" very easily on an agressive cam set like these.
You should just ahve a sansation of a slight "dwell" at full draw and then the cams engage rather quickly. The valley is short but very usable. After you set it correctly priority number 1 is making sure the bow fits properly.

It's just a guess, but I would check with the pro-shop and see if he will let you try a set of 2.5 or 3 modules to shorten it up a bit and see if that doesn't change the overall feel and impression of the bow at full draw for you. If it does then you are most likely set up incorrectly for draw length.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Well then finish your dinner, take care of the minor problem and don't tell us Bowtech has a problem. Sounds more like your proshop wasn't attentive and switched bows on you through ignorance. Stuff happens with any manufactuer. You got to be willing to give them a chance and not scream PROBLEM because you had to go to din din.
How is missing parts and parts flying off a bow after a couple shots "his" problem?? That's called quality control and that kinda stuff should NEVER make it off the lines. In 2003 I went to switch cable slides on my Patriot and the cable rod fell right out on the floor........turns out a machined hunk of metal was lodged in there and the set screw never got tightened enough.............was that my fault too??

If you are gonna charge $800 for a bow it shouldn't be missing parts and break after a few shots. No one is slamming Bowtech and they get high praise from most who shoot them.........this is a legit beef and I don't blame droptine for being less then thrilled. I would feel the same or worse. His shop saved the day by being so nice and quick to cover Bowtech's mistakes.

You sure have become quite the Bowtech honk since buying that Guardian
No kidding I thought the beloved Darton's were the cats Meowwww. Sorry for your problem Drop, these guys get a little touchy about Bowtech on here.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Well then finish your dinner, take care of the minor problem and don't tell us Bowtech has a problem. Sounds more like your proshop wasn't attentive and switched bows on you through ignorance. Stuff happens with any manufactuer. You got to be willing to give them a chance and not scream PROBLEM because you had to go to din din.
How is missing parts and parts flying off a bow after a couple shots "his" problem?? That's called quality control and that kinda stuff should NEVER make it off the lines. In 2003 I went to switch cable slides on my Patriot and the cable rod fell right out on the floor........turns out a machined hunk of metal was lodged in there and the set screw never got tightened enough.............was that my fault too??

If you are gonna charge $800 for a bow it shouldn't be missing parts and break after a few shots. No one is slamming Bowtech and they get high praise from most who shoot them.........this is a legit beef and I don't blame droptine for being less then thrilled. I would feel the same or worse. His shop saved the day by being so nice and quick to cover Bowtech's mistakes.

You sure have become quite the Bowtech honk since buying that Guardian
No kidding I thought the beloved Darton's were the cats Meowwww. Sorry for your problem Drop, these guys get a little touchy about Bowtech on here.
That was my point too.

And no Rob, I'm not on any bandwagons.

I actually got to shoot a General a couple nights ago and it really was a nice shooting bow. It was VERY quiet, that's the part that surprised me. I can still see where a Bowtech's draw cycle wouldn't appeal to everyone, but it doesn't bother me, that's why I went with Elite for this upcomming year. The General with smooth mods is alot nicer than the fast mods, but the fsat mods were far from unbearable. Out of all the Bowtech's I've shot, the General was the smoothest, but it was probably the slowest too.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.