HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   [Deleted] (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/221635-deleted.html)

atlasman 12-08-2007 09:12 PM

RE: Bowtech gone BAD ?

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Well then finish your dinner, take care of the minor problem and don't tell us Bowtech has a problem. Sounds more like your proshop wasn't attentive and switched bows on you through ignorance. Stuff happens with any manufactuer. You got to be willing to give them a chance and not scream PROBLEM because you had to go to din din.
How is missing parts and parts flying off a bow after a couple shots "his" problem?? That's called quality control and that kinda stuff should NEVER make it off the lines. In 2003 I went to switch cable slides on my Patriot and the cable rod fell right out on the floor........turns out a machined hunk of metal was lodged in there and the set screw never got tightened enough.............was that my fault too??

If you are gonna charge $800 for a bow it shouldn't be missing parts and break after a few shots. No one is slamming Bowtech and they get high praise from most who shoot them.........this is a legit beef and I don't blame droptine for being less then thrilled. I would feel the same or worse. His shop saved the day by being so nice and quick to cover Bowtech's mistakes.

You sure have become quite the Bowtech honk since buying that Guardian

Matt / PA 12-08-2007 10:13 PM

I throw a few arrows and a retainer clip pops off of my new Bowtech General.

Im like, what the heck ??

I tried to put it back in, but the channel wouldnt accept it.

Take it to the shop and the tech finds that a plastic spacer is missing in the limb-pocket(?).

He grabs a new bow and swaps my stuff out, cool !
I still have no clue what exactly is missing or the problem after reading this? The bow doesn't HAVE limb pockets? and amissing "spacer" would have nothing to do with an E-clip not going back into the channel on any of the axles? If an e-clip wasn't seated completely on the axle and popped off it should just be a matter of apply just a touch of compression to the limbs to gain the space back if the limb tips slid a hair.

Not sure why the need to swap to a completely different bow for what seems like a brainless fix. I get heavy handed with e-clips myself and it's not impossible to mis-seat one.I'm just confused by what the problem really seems to be? and maybe knowing a little more about EXACTLY what is "wrong" would be advisable when screaming "ISSUE!" on a forum.

Which brings us to the "F" mods on the other Generla you have. If you have no valley or let-off someone in the shop was screwing with draw length modules and did not readjust the stop peg after swapping them. The stop peg is in a hole meant for a shorter module which is not allowing the cams to rotate fully. It is a simple matter of knowing which hole to put that little peg in.
If you tell me the exact numbers on the module I'll tell you where it should be.
My General has as long and usable valley as any bow I've ever owned and it has "F" mods in it. There is no feeling of wanting to go if you creep.

Deleted User 12-08-2007 10:47 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Matt / PA 12-08-2007 10:55 PM

I had the F model now. The string stopper, or peg is in the 6th position. There is NO valley at all. I wouldnt mind a bit of a valley, but I can deal without it.
That is a problem if one of the limb pad spacers is missing? I'm not even sure how the heck that could happen but I certainly believe you. That's an odd one for sure.

I'll ask again.....what are the exact numbers on the modules in the bow right now? ;)There should be some letters and a number. You should DEFINITELY have a nice usable valley and plenty of let-off.

Matt / PA 12-08-2007 11:09 PM

Must check faster....1:08AM and getting sleepy. ;):D

PABuck_HNTR 12-09-2007 07:03 AM

Must check faster....1:08AM and getting sleepy
I guess he doesn't want to know

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-09-2007 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Nothing ever goes wrong with Bowtechs :eek:[8D]

Your certainly on a bandwagon aren't ya C09?

Deleted User 12-09-2007 07:58 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

buckeye 12-09-2007 08:02 AM

How is missing parts and parts flying off a bow after a couple shots "his" problem?? That's called quality control and that kinda stuff should NEVER make it off the lines. In 2003 I went to switch cable slides on my Patriot and the cable rod fell right out on the floor........turns out a machined hunk of metal was lodged in there and the set screw never got tightened enough.............was that my fault too??

That little round "hunk" was supposed to be in there.

Definitely not your fault that the set screw was not tightened down all the way. But I make it routine maintenance to check each and every bolt on my bow and accessories.... Preventative maintenance.
[/align]

buckeye 12-09-2007 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I apologize guys. I saw that you were offline, so I just went to bed.

Upper Cam numbers/setting - CPX onRight side and F CPX S on the Left side. ZString stopper in the 6th position

Lower Cam numbers/setting - are the same, minus the string stopper.

Thanks alot !!!
There is a number on the module..... We need that module number to tell you where to set your draw stop.

Ex. 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 etc etc....