Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Broadhead Test Video (SORRY I SEE IT HAS BEEN POSTED) >

Broadhead Test Video (SORRY I SEE IT HAS BEEN POSTED)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead Test Video (SORRY I SEE IT HAS BEEN POSTED)

Old 12-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Broadhead Test Video (SORRY I SEE IT HAS BEEN POSTED)

Pretty intersesting....notice most of them are hitting low-left. Will this video make you change from or atleast try any of these broadheads?

Click on the video player. (starts slow but then gets right to the test)

http://www.prorelease.com/xring.aspx?action=1

EDIT------SORRY I SEE IT ALREADY HAS BEEN POSTED!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Spike

Default RE: Broadhead Test Video

I've used muzzy's for 13 yrs. I wasn't happy with the damage it took through the plywood. Most of the mechanical blades showed little damage when passing through the board. Totally shocked me on that one.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

I was very surprised to see the muzzy blade bend!Would have been nice if they tested the Rage and Grim Reapers!

Interesting video though!

Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm more surprised by the fact they would shoot ONLY one arrow with each broadhead. Really, how valid can any of this be???? They went through all the trouble to build this machine and then could only find time to shoot each broadhead/arrow ONLY once. That's plain stupid. At least give me 3 broadhead/arrow shots and take the average or something. This test could have been great if the guy had taken the time to spend another hour at the range. Dumb. One crooked arrow makes a broadhead look terrible. AND.... they could have included more big name broadheads.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

There's one in every bunch.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Bartender

lol Matt, must be a broadhead he uses.[8D]
Old 12-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Dominant Buck

NOPE, my broadhead wasn't in the bunch. Neither was the one I used before the current one. I don't figure how you say there's one in every crowd? I simply pointed out a BIG flaw in their test. When you sight ina gun do you shoot once and say that's it? When we shoot for groups do we shoot one arrow and call that a group? When they take a poll do they ask the first guy they see and call it a valid poll? Why bother to go through the trouble of putting this machine together and then shoot only ONE arrow with each broadhead? It makes no sense and is an invalid test.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

My "control" group is the deer I killed this year. I've tested my BH choice through enough DEER, now, to allow me to say I'm completely satisfied with my choice.

I didn't even look at the video....but I will as soon as the deer start wearing wood and metal armour. Otherwise....I think's it's a moot point (or an attempt at one).

I think David's correct, too. I bought 6 a/c/c's to start my deer season off. There was one that WOULD NOT fly straight.....no matter what I did with it. Imagine if I'd shot that one, first......and made my decision on a/c/c's from that one arrows flight characteristics.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:36 AM

I will definatly have to agree with David on this one, way to many variables to base a scientific test on one arrow fired. I personally spend alot of time tuning my arrows and heads to make sure they all fly to the same POI.

Quick Reply: Broadhead Test Video (SORRY I SEE IT HAS BEEN POSTED)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.