Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Broadhead Test Video (SORRY I SEE IT HAS BEEN POSTED) >

Broadhead Test Video (SORRY I SEE IT HAS BEEN POSTED)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead Test Video (SORRY I SEE IT HAS BEEN POSTED)

Old 12-09-2007, 10:23 AM

Default RE: Broadhead Test Video

The other thing about the accuracy part of this test is that I can get my broadheads to shoot almost identical to field points (closer than many heads tested in this video) with careful tuning. So if I get a good group and I'm sighted in for a certain broadhead, what relevance does the accuracy portion of this test to me? The plywood is probably a good indicator of how much a head is going to be damaged by hitting heavy rib bones.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats why they stated that the broadheads tuned to the bow would shoot into the same hole. These were just out of the box comparison's of broadheads that claim to fly like field points.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just thought the accuracy part was cool. I could care less about steel drums, plywood, and whatever else.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I'm more surprised by the fact they would shoot ONLY one arrow with each broadhead. Really, how valid can any of this be???? They went through all the trouble to build this machine and then could only find time to shoot each broadhead/arrow ONLY once. That's plain stupid. At least give me 3 broadhead/arrow shots and take the average or something. This test could have been great if the guy had taken the time to spend another hour at the range. Dumb. One crooked arrow makes a broadhead look terrible. AND.... they could have included more big name broadheads.
They did fire them more than once. They said at the end that all the BH's grouped well with each other and an adjustment to the sights would be all you needed before hunting.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: davidmil
I believe in the video or the web site they said they shot mor than one of each broadhead but didn't put all the shots on the video because of time.

I'm more surprised by the fact they would shoot ONLY one arrow with each broadhead. Really, how valid can any of this be???? They went through all the trouble to build this machine and then could only find time to shoot each broadhead/arrow ONLY once. That's plain stupid. At least give me 3 broadhead/arrow shots and take the average or something. This test could have been great if the guy had taken the time to spend another hour at the range. Dumb. One crooked arrow makes a broadhead look terrible. AND.... they could have included more big name broadheads.