Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 matthews or hoyt? >

matthews or hoyt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

matthews or hoyt?

Old 12-07-2007, 06:22 PM

Default RE: matthews or hoyt?

I agree shoot all the bows you can then make a choice(dont take any ones word for it!) besides that they all make quality bows! At least itll be fun trying them out.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: hkbwpro111

I agree shoot all the bows you can then make a choice(dont take any ones word for it!) besides that they all make quality bows! At least itll be fun trying them out.
Ive shot quite a few bows and mathews are my favorite but like others are saying, shoot as many as you can and then decide.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:04 PM

gotta go with hoyt... grips fit way better... just better more effeincent bow!!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

wheres my popcorn.....oh wait, there it is
Old 12-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

uhhhh......more efficient huh.......please elaborate.....because due to the numerous kills i have made and many of my friends and familyhave made.....you are going to need to fill me in on the reasoning!

i would have to say hoyt can be just as efficient as a mathews...but i simply prefer mathews.

Fact of the matter is you have to make the choice yourself, whats good for me...may not be good for you...but i like mathews. good luck!

ORIGINAL: richard hoyt

Old 12-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Shoot all the others???? I disagree. I've shot them all. In my prejudiced opinion you should buy a Bowtech or a Darton.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hoyt= Tec riser, hybrid cams, junk strings, slim grip, laminated limbs.
MAthews,=Single cam, junk strings, fat grip, better resale

You just have to try em both on and see what fits best, actually fairly different approaches to shooting an arrow really.

Then when you're done try a bowtech and pull out youir wallet LoL................
Old 12-07-2007, 10:38 PM

As a good friend of mine says...it is not the bow, it's the indian. However, my girlfriend's sister is women's world archery champion and a hoyt prostaffer (Erica Anschutz). I've seen what she can do with those bows with little tuning effort. I shoot hoyt, but matthews makes some great bows as well. I had a friend allow me to shoot one of his bows for my archery deer this fall.....and I really like PSE as well.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: richard hoyt

Seems funny thatnobody says anything when someone says "gotta go with hoyt". Seems like everyone makes such a big deal out of someone saying "Mathews". If someone said "get a Bowtech", no big deal, right?

Although, I will say that eventhough I shoot a Mathews, I would agree the best thing to do is shoot the bows you have an interest in and make your decision based on the results.

Good luck!
Old 12-08-2007, 01:50 AM

I personally shoot a mathews just fits me and like a single cam bow. But shoot what ever feels good to you.

Quick Reply: matthews or hoyt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.