HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Tough Post (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/221378-tough-post.html)

Schultzy 12-06-2007 11:33 PM

Tough Post

A friend of mine (Bow Hunter Buddy) had a terrible thing happen to him the other night. He lost his step son (AdoptedSon) to a shooting the other night. He took his own life at 14 with a 22!!!There prayers are needed!

shed33 12-06-2007 11:39 PM

RE: Tough Post

Really sorry to hear that, I work with 14 year olds on a daily basis in which is often a very impressionable age which can be apositive or negative thing.Prayers sent out to your friend in their time of tragedy.

Schultzy 12-06-2007 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: shed33

Really sorry to hear that, I work with 14 year olds on a daily basis in which is often a very impressionable age which can be apositive or negative thing.Prayers sent out to your friend in their time of tragedy.
Thanks bud!

MN/Kyle 12-06-2007 11:45 PM

Thoughts, and prayers for him and his family at this trying time.

Schultzy 12-06-2007 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Thoughts, and prayers for him and his family at this trying time.
Thanks Kyle!

TJF 12-06-2007 11:52 PM

At a loss for words. Thoughts and prayers sent for your friend. Prayer sent for you to help him deal with this horrible loss of his son.

Tim

Schultzy 12-06-2007 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: TJF

At a loss for words. Thoughts and prayers sent for your friend. Prayer sent for you to help him deal with this horrible loss of his son.

Tim
Thanks TJF! I'm off to bed, funeral tommoro. Take care all and never forget your kids or hunting buddies! They mean more then anything! Take care!

WakeCow 12-07-2007 12:38 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your friends loss.

tschebel 12-07-2007 01:39 AM

Im sorry to hear of of your friends loss....my thoughts and prayers go out to you and them.

Sliverflicker 12-07-2007 01:45 AM

Prayer sent for Family and Friends.

neck4752 12-07-2007 04:49 AM

Prayers sent to family and freinds. Terrible situation

rybohunter 12-07-2007 04:52 AM

Such a sad tragedy. Family & all who knew him in our thoughts & prayers.

iowabob85 12-07-2007 05:22 AM

So sorry for your friends loss. It makes you wonder what can be so bad that someone would have to resort to something like this. It is terrible that such a young person with his whole life ahead of him would do something like this. So So sad.

GMMAT 12-07-2007 05:33 AM

Somebody's got a country song out now.....about a guy, later in life, wishing he could have wrote a letter to himself at 17. It ought to be required listening for all HS students.

Sorry to hear this. It's just sad.

BigDaddy12t 12-07-2007 06:21 AM

Prayers sent to everyone involved. This really makes you think, I have a 15 year old son, and a 10 year old step son. You are all in our prayers.

Planter 12-07-2007 06:26 AM

With a 14 and 16 YO the thought sends shivers down my spine. It's so hard to talk to kids and understand what they are thinking. Hard to beleive a kid so young could think life was so bad. So very sad and tough for his family as they always seem to blame themselves and life is just never going tothe same again. God Bless.

crutch 12-07-2007 07:57 AM

Sorry to hear of your Buddy and his familiesloss! Thought and prayer are sent tofriends and family's
of this young man!

kshunter 12-07-2007 07:59 AM

Sorry to hear of the horrible news... Prayers sent to your friends family.

burniegoeasily 12-07-2007 08:00 AM

That is tough. You got my prayers, as well as your buddy and his family. Gods speed brother.

dandbuck 12-07-2007 08:32 AM

Prayers sent, i could not imagine! God works in very mysterious ways.
Dandbuck

NCRemington700 12-07-2007 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Somebody's got a country song out now.....about a guy, later in life, wishing he could have wrote a letter to himself at 17.
Brad Paisley I believe.

Terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are sent.

BigJ71 12-07-2007 10:59 AM

This is just horrible.[:o]Prayers being sent.......

Talk to your kids, be involved in their lives, know the signs. There is a lot going on in the teenage years, a lot for them to process.

This is so sad.[&o]

Schultzy 12-07-2007 11:07 AM

Thanks for the responses everyone! It was a tough one today at the funeral. I just couldn't imagine myself going through something like this. I truely beleive we as (Hunters) have some of the biggest hearts out there when it comes to being thoughtfull and giving. Alot of the people who attended the funeral today wore there Camoflauge coats in tribute to the young hunter we lost. We as (Hunters) are a different breed of people that everyone should get to know. Rest in piece Kurdt! I love ya buddy!:)

jmbuckhunter 12-07-2007 11:25 AM

That is a tuff one. We have to be more involved in our kids lives.

Prayers sent.

wpmcdaniel 12-07-2007 12:06 PM

Prayers sent.

HuntingBry 12-07-2007 12:09 PM

That is tragic. I wish your friend and his family the best in this difficult time. Thoughts are prayers are with them.

MOTOWNHONKEY 12-07-2007 12:19 PM

Very sad. He must of had alot of hurt inside. GOD bless family and friends.

RTA47 12-07-2007 01:12 PM

I have a daughter that is 17 and will be graduating fromhigh school this yr.
I also a son that just turned 13 this past nov.

The pressure these kids have on them these days due to School, Friends, and simply going through changes growing up is unreal.

Dads and moms get involved your your kids lives.
Give them a hug tell them that you love them everyday.

Hunter Dan7 12-07-2007 04:09 PM

That is bad to hear, thoughts and prayers sentto you all.

GregH 12-07-2007 04:10 PM

Sorry to hear, very sad.

Hoytail Hunter 12-07-2007 04:55 PM

A father should never have to bury one ofhis children. It is the ultimate test of a man's sanity and will, something I wish I didn't know. The next few months to come will be the hardest for all that loved him. May they triumph and use this tragedy to enrich other aspects of their lives.

BowHuntingFool 12-07-2007 06:14 PM

Sorry to hear such sad news, may god bless the family and friends!!!!!!! Be strong!

heeze gutshot shortee 12-07-2007 06:20 PM

Schultzy...words cannot express what a heart truely feels, this young man was no doubt troubled....he's gone....nothing to say......an example toothers kids...hardly...just another horrible statistic..pray for understanding and a solution to senseless deaths

Paul L Mohr 12-07-2007 06:51 PM

That blows man, sorry to hear it. Losing a kid is horrible enough, but when it is something this it just makes it that much worse.

Just make sure friend doesn't blame himself. I know it will be hard and he will want to, but do everything you can to make him realize this is something he could not prevent. Troubled teens are very hard to figure out. And sometimes the most troubled ones like your buddy's don't even let you know until it is too late.

We are pulling for him, and you. The best thing you can do right now is just be there for him.

Paul

nodog 12-08-2007 07:19 AM

Been to more funerals than I care too of kids that thought life was nolonger worth it. Decided after the last one that I'd try to make every kid I came in contact with no matter how I felt about their apperance and such things,to let them know I enjoyed their company. They were worth something. If they still went a head with it they'd do it knowing Mr Finn would miss them. Such a little thing that costs me nothing.

We could be a little kinder to each other.