Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories? >

Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Old 12-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

I am proud to say that I once dated a pretty scary looking girl just b/c I wanted to hunt her family farm.
__________________________________________________ __
Last week, I went to family deer camp and came home with 50# of soaking wet laundry. So something was clanking around in the dryer (she's maybe 20' away running on the treadmill - always watching what I'm doing - you know how women are... nosy)

So I popped open the dryer and grabbed a handful of .300 Weatherby shells that must've been in my jacket pockets.

I got the "you could have blown the house apart" lecture... I explained that the dryer wasn't even hot yet (only in there for 3-5 minutes) - but that was getting me nowhere. Women.... [>:]
__________________________________________________ ___

...and if she EVER figured out that I keep boiling deer heads in her good (wedding gift) electric roaster... You'd probably read about it in the newspaper. LMAO
__________________________________________________ ___

Then there was the time where I had to keep scamming her into taking her car everywhere, because mine was crawling with deer ticks. I couldn't really "tell" her that my car was tick-infested, or that I had to fumigate it with a bug fogger - she'd have never ridden in it ever again. LMAO

Come on guys. Post 'em if ya got 'em... and I know you do.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

FUNNY STUFF!!!! Ya gotta love'emI got the same speach once. I left some 12GA sabots in my pocket.You would of thought I put a bomb in therelisteningto her LOL!!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I took my wife, then girlfriend hunting with me once.

I set up a stand next to me in the tree. I warned her if a doe comes in I am going to shoot it. She was fine with it. Well not 5 mins goes by and here comes one. I let the arrow fly, the deer jumps and bounds off about 4 steps. She says "You missed", I replied "No I did not"

The doe started to wobble, and fell over. I had a doe dieing, and a woman screaming at the same time. That was the last time we went hunting together. She will help me process, drag and cut up a deer. She just does not want to see them die[&:]
Old 12-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Nothing but kudos to my wife.....

She has:

1. For the best part of 2 seasons......gotten up on Saturday/holiday mornings EARLY and drove me to my entrance point into the woods.....so that I don't get so hot going to stand.

2. When Frank (Brknarrow) was here.....he had a mishap and dropped his pack in the darkness "somewhere" in my favorite little woodlot. He needed a release.....so I called Lisa (who had dropped us off about 20 minutes earlier) and she drove BACK out there with one of my spares.

3. Lisa helps me track every deer I kill when she is home.

All this....and she looks like $1M.

I'm also guessing she's got her eye on 12/15 (our closer).
Old 12-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

One day we were cleaning out the freezer, and she pulls out this plastic ziploc baggie and says "What's this?"

"Tarsal Gland"

"...You mean ... ... from ... a dead deer ... ...like ... a dead body part?"

"Yeah."

**color drains out of her face**

"Oh my god. Take it."

LMAO
Old 12-06-2007, 11:22 AM

My gf is deathly afraid of mice. I took her hunting with me in a box blind that had an old sleeping bag in it to help keep it quiet and reduce noise. Well of course mice love to use it too. My gf grabbed the blanket because it was a pretty cold afternoon and then the mouse ran up the blanket and she didnt even see it. It then ran out the window and she saw it. She freaked out on me and screamed. Yea that didnt help anything. SHe then ran out of the shack and wanted me to check it all for mice. We hadnt been sitting 5 minutes so it wasnt too bad, but i dont think we saw any deer.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took my wife when we were first dating out in the woods to hunt...she told me, "I have never seen the sun come up before!" hahaha. Then two doe appeared maybe 40 yards away and she couldn't see them, that was pre lasik surgery. I was like babe, they are right there! The does then heard me and turned. I raised my shotgun and she said, "what are you doing?" I realized right then and there that I better not shoot one of those deer or our relationship was over before it started.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:44 AM

In the shallow daysof high schoolI dated a girl specifically to get access to the family farm for bowhunting. Thank God she was really not that ugly, but she was extremely ditzy and high maintenance. After one season that was great (hunting)I couldn't take it anymore and moved on.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quik, my wife did that to me this year as well...she told me, "get this thing the hell out of the freezer!" I had to go out and purchase another freezer
Old 12-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does stuff count that I think is funny but my wife doesn't?Tarsal glands in the freezer,deer urine in the fridge,certain sections of the garage and house being off limits to her,our daughter,and our dogs.She not being allowed to touch laundry from September through December.She just has no sense of humor at all! Cleaning turkey's in the kitchen sink,using the vacumn sealer on tarsal glands to freeze for next year,boiling tree steps to get the factory gunk off them.
My all time favorite Fran/Quicksilver story so far is using the wedding gift crock pot to stew the meat off a deer skull! I would like to be a fly on the wall if Mrs.Quicksilver were ever to find out about that! I would rather listen to Fran tell a story of what he did,than to have done the thing my self.

Quick Reply: Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.