Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories? >

Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Old 12-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Looking back on this, it's kinda funny, but at the time it was a "Twilight Zone" episode.

I met a girl I college one day while studying, she says she knows me from football and we struck up a conversation, eventually talking about hunting. She tells me she is "Part Black Foot Indian, and hunts all the time." and that she wanted to go hunting with me sometime.

Ok, I'm thinking it's a kinda strange first date but she's pretty good looking and it's the off season so I'll take her Rabbit hunting in the foot hills.....who knows what might happen.

Well the day arrives and she meets me at one of the many dirt roads off of the canyon road (Utah) that lead into the foot hills.

I notice that she has a small part of her hair (next to her ear)braided and a feather hanging from it.AND....you guessed it...HER FACE PAINTED!!!

Now I'm thinking "this broad is nuts" but I give her the benefit of the doubt, perhaps she is just proud of her heritage, plus...she IS good looking. So we grab our rifles (.22's) and head out.We had been walking for some time talking about school, football and such when all of a sudden she spots some tracks (Coyote) and drops to the ground...procedes to put her ear to the ground......looks up at me and says......."Big female Cougar...about a half mile ahead heading south, if we hurry we can catch it."

I'm just standing there likeand I say..."First, that's a Coyote track....Second, even if it were a Cougar track, which it's not! we don't have a tag for it, nor a gun to kill it with, and third your frickin nuts!!!"

Well she stands up and says "Hey, I don't need a tag I'm an American Indian." At this point I'm thinking this crazy broad is gonna shoot me or something so I say to her, "Good luck with the Cougar, I'm heading back to my car." and turn and walk away.

I seen her a couple more times on campus but she acted like she didn't know me......thank God!!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have love to seen the look on your face when she showed up in face paint. LMAO!!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Site Buck Guru

I thought she was telling the truth until she said "female cougar" I know you can't tell the sex from the sound of it's foot steps!!

Did you make that up??
Old 12-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Looking back on this, it's kinda funny, but at the time it was a "Twilight Zone" episode.

I met a girl I college one day while studying, she says she knows me from football and we struck up a conversation, eventually talking about hunting. She tells me she is "Part Black Foot Indian, and hunts all the." and that she wanted to go hunting with me sometime.

Ok, I'm thinking it's a kinda strange first date but she's pretty good looking and it's the off season so I'll take her Rabbit hunting in the foot hills.....who knows what might happen.

Well the day arrives and she meets me at one of the many dirt roads off of the canyon road (Utah) that lead into the foot hills.

I notice that she has a small part of her hair (next to her ear)braided and a feather hanging from it.AND....you guessed it...HER FACE PAINTED!!!

Now I'm thinking "this broad is nuts" but I give her the benefit of the doubt, perhaps she is just proud of her heritage, plus...she IS good looking. So we grab our rifles (.22's) and head out.We had been walking for some time talking about school, football and such when all of a sudden she spots some tracks (Coyote) and drops to the ground...procedes to put her ear to the ground......looks up at me and says......."Big female Cougar...about a half mile ahead heading south, if we hurry we can catch it."

I'm just standing there likeand I say..."First, that's a Coyote track....Second, even if it were a Cougar track, which it's not! we don't have a tag for it, nor a gun to kill it with, and third your frickin nuts!!!"

Well she stands up and says "Hey, I don't need a tag I'm an American Indian." At this point I'm thinking this crazy broad is gonna shoot me or something so I say to her, "Good luck with the Cougar, I'm heading back to my car." and turn and walk away.

I seen her a couple more times on campus but she acted like she didn't know me......thank God!!
Thats pretty darn funny
Old 12-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Site Bouncer

Did you make that up??
No, unfortunately it's the truth!

It took a turn for the "surreal" when she flopped down on the ground! I'm just standing there thinking to myself "Why do you always pick the crazy ones John?"

I couldn't get out of there fast enough...the whole time down back to my car I kept looking over my shoulder hoping she wasn't there pointing her gun at me!
Old 12-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Well, this is a fishing story involving a teacher, but this thread reminded me of it.

Iwas a 4th grader and at the beginning of the school year the teacher tells the students to write a paper on what they did during the summer.

I write about a fishing trip with my grandfather. I wrote that I caught 8 fish and they were all Crappie.
She knew nothing about fishing and interpreted the word as [CRAPP-EE] instead of their actual species name pronounced [CRAWP-EE]. So she calls my mother all upset about a 4th grader using such vulgar language in a school paper. My mother explained it to her and all was okay, but I still laugh when I think about it.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:24 PM

Ok first of all that story about the Indian girl is freakin hilarious. I would have stayed just to see what else happened that day. Oh man the posibilities.

Well i dated this girl in high school for awhile and she always wanted to go hunting with me. i always told her that i would and we tried to work it out but our schedules kept conficting. We eventually split up for other reasons and she ended up dating an other guy from our school. He took her hunting one time only to find out that she was against hunting ( i didnt know either) and she kept singing and making noise and yelling into the woods telling deer to stay away because there was a hunter here. When i heard that story i was so glad i never took her out into the woods.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:25 PM

I was born and raised a city girl. Married a farm boy and moved to a farm. Somewhere along year number 7 of our marriage, he talked me into going hunting with him. We are now on year number 18 of our marriage and I spend as much or sometimes more time in the woods hunting then he does. There are so many funny stories to recall. Here is a classic from my early turkey hunting years. I wrote this up to send to family forour annual Christmas letter. Kind of long, but I smile every time I think of it.

The first Saturday of the 2002 spring wild turkey season, Mike and I got permission to hunt a small woodlot across the road from our farm. I had been scouting the property all spring and the turkeys normally roost on or next to this parcel of land. We got out to the woods before first light and we set up separately on opposite sides of the woodlot. We have two-way radios so we can keep in touch.

First light and the turkeys start gobbling, not too far, but not very close either. We don't have permission to hunt the next property over so we decide to stay put and see what comes our way as the morning goes along. I caught a quick glimpse of a turkey about 6:30a.m., but I couldn’t tell if it was male or female and it left as quietly as it appeared. We call periodically. No turkeys are gobbling close by and so in between our intermittent calling, we sit and wait.

About 7:30-8a.m., I REALLY have to pee. So seeing as nothing is really happening, I get up to take care of business.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the woodlot, Mike spies a turkey walking in my direction. It's in some heavy brush in front of him so he can't see what sex it is, but close enough he can't risk moving or talking to me on the radio without spooking the bird. He decides to wait until he is sure it has left, and then will radio me that it is heading my way.

Back on my side, I am happily peeing when I look up and here comes this bright white head a-bobbin' through the woods directly toward me. Dang! First time I have called in a turkey all morning and it comes in silent and when I have my pants down. Oh, and it's right about this moment that Mike gets on the radio and says, "There's a turkey heading your way.". NO KIDDING!!!!! So I decide to see what I can do with this situation. I wait for the turkey to move behind a tree. Keep in mind it's walking at a nice steady pace. First tree.....I pull up my pants. Second tree......I sit down on the ground. Third tree.....I reach for my gun. Fourth tree......I shoulder my gun. By this time, I can see it is a Jake and I am in such an awkward position that I do not feel comfortable taking a shot so I just sit there and enjoy the show. He gets to within 10 yards or so, cocks his head at this strange stump sitting in the middle of the woods, and slowly saunters off.

Now by this time, I am nearly hysterical with laughter. I wait until the turkey is gone and try to call Mike on the radio to tell him what was going on. But I am laughing so hard that the only thing my husband can understand in my garbled message is something about having my pants down. He makes some wisecrack asking me if I was bored or something. I do finally get the message to him and hear him laughing just as hard. So that was my first memorable moment of the morning.

Shortly after all this happened, Mike decided to go back to the house to do some errands. I stayed in the woods, set up in a new location and did some clucks and yelps every fifteen minutes. About 10 a.m., a Jake came in silently to my set up and I shot him at about 25-30 yards. My first bird that I called in all by myself.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great stories! Caught with your pants down,warrior indian princess whack job.Very funny stuff!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great stories guys! Now heres mine...true story

Last year my girlfriend and I are helping out her dad clean up the garage. As we are sorting through things she find a box of sluggers on the shelf and asks me what to do with them.I point at the drawer next to the wood stove and tell her to put them in there.

Fast foreward to two weeks before gun season. I recall the event and open up the drawer to grab the shells and sight in my gun. Hmm no shells. I think nothing of it since it was possible that someone else could have grabbed them for their own use. I go to wally world and buy some more.

Fast foreward to two weeks ago. My girlfriends dad shoots a doe but has to go to work. I tell him not to worry about it and that i will skin her and cut her up. Now we usually use a salamander heater to warm up the garage but are out of kerosene at the moment. I figure its no big deal and get some wood around for a fire. Once the fire is blazing i get a cutting. Next thing i know its BOOM BOOM BOOM and i hit the deck. All of the sudden it all makes sence....

Quick Reply: Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.