Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories? >

Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Old 12-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

BigJ, that's too funny. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only weirdo magnet.

I've got some stories about the opposite sex... but I'll be nice and not go there.

I will go ahead andramble about something that my friends still tease me about. (I let them because otherwise I am the epitome of infallible grace and smoothness. Call me Ms. Cool. Hah, snort... not.)

I used to do much more trapping than hunting. I trap for fur and I am a statelicensed nuisance animal trapper.

I got called out toa Wildlife Foundation to catch and kill a beaver that was causing problems. The foundation was a bit of natural oasis in the crowded Chicago suburbs. Every tree was precious and the beavers targeted the biggest and rarest trees first.
I had trapped beavers up there before so this didn't seem to be any big deal. Well, this critter was smart and lucky. He didn't have any den and just moved from lake to lake each night. (there were a dozen lakes that all connected together). I didn't have enough traps to cover every possible cross-over and the beaver was avoiding the ones I did set. Every day that went by, at least one more tree was girdled or chewed down. I was getting really frustrated and the guys that worked at the foundation were teasing me a bit about about my inept trapping attempts. After 10 long days, I finally caught that bucktoothed sucker and I couldn't be happier.

I went up to the main building where all the guys who worked there just happened to be having lunch. I strolled in, grinning like a 'possum and blurted out; "Hey guys! Want to see my beaver?!"

A split second of stunnedsilence. I immediately got red. Now the guys all started grinning and snickering. I attempted an awkward save. "Uhhh, do you want to see the beaver that I caught?" Didn't work.

They still ask about it. Sigh.... [&o][&:]

Old 12-08-2007, 01:04 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

BigJ, that's too funny. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only weirdo magnet.

I've got some stories about the opposite sex... but I'll be nice and not go there.

I will go ahead andramble about something that my friends still tease me about. (I let them because otherwise I am the epitome of infallible grace and smoothness. Call me Ms. Cool. Hah, snort... not.)

I used to do much more trapping than hunting. I trap for fur and I am a statelicensed nuisance animal trapper.

I got called out toa Wildlife Foundation to catch and kill a beaver that was causing problems. The foundation was a bit of natural oasis in the crowded Chicago suburbs. Every tree was precious and the beavers targeted the biggest and rarest trees first.
I had trapped beavers up there before so this didn't seem to be any big deal. Well, this critter was smart and lucky. He didn't have any den and just moved from lake to lake each night. (there were a dozen lakes that all connected together). I didn't have enough traps to cover every possible cross-over and the beaver was avoiding the ones I did set. Every day that went by, at least one more tree was girdled or chewed down. I was getting really frustrated and the guys that worked at the foundation were teasing me a bit about about my inept trapping attempts. After 10 long days, I finally caught that bucktoothed sucker and I couldn't be happier.

I went up to the main building where all the guys who worked there just happened to be having lunch. I strolled in, grinning like a 'possum and blurted out; "Hey guys! Want to see my beaver?!"

A split second of stunnedsilence. I immediately got red. Now the guys all started grinning and snickering. I attempted an awkward save. "Uhhh, do you want to see the beaver that I caught?" Didn't work.

They still ask about it. Sigh.... [&o][&:]
Ummmthis probabaly isn'tthe proper time to say this post is worthless without pictures of your beaver ( caught that is). Too funny !!

Hey don't feel bad. When I firstmoved to this area, I asked a farmer to trap cause I heard he had a beaver problem. Him and his wifehad a lotcompany with the majority of them being women. I was standing outside the door and heard his wife ask him what I wanted. He hollered back and told her I was looking for beaver. I think I was pretty red face when I looked over to their big kitchen window to see 5 or 6 women looking out and theylaughing their arses of. His wife hollered back... " he is looking for what !!! " []

Tim
Old 12-08-2007, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love these kind of stories

Ive only gotten my better half to go with me once and all she did was sleep.