Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 T.V. Hunting Gone Bad! >

T.V. Hunting Gone Bad!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

T.V. Hunting Gone Bad!

Old 12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: T.V. Hunting Gone Bad!

Baiting and releasing deer to kill is no worse than me putting on some after shave and putting on my best to attract the ladies.[8D][8D]

That said, I know what you mean about some shows... but really, calling Christine and Justin slob hunters... Shame on you

Old 12-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I love when dumb people bitch!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

And then when they do see one they miss or get busted. Gee, that would be exciting, let me know when that show airs.
The primo's show I mentioned two of the hunts ended with the hunters getting busted, but it was very exciting, the one hunt a huge bull walked up about 5 yards from the hunter the other one Will Primo could not get a shot on a 6X7 that came into about twenty yards.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

I enjoy the Primos show. They just really seem to genuinely enjoyhunting and have allot of fun with each other.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let me preface this by saying this is totally my personal opinion, BUT...

I believe that most of the beef with hunting shows comes from some folks that are green with envy knowing that someone is out there hunting dream locations with free equipment, filming their hunts, and getting paid for it. I would be willing to bet that these people that are being complained about would still be out there hunting just like the rest of us if they didn't have the opportunities that have. They have been given the golden ticket and are living the dream and some of us average Joes can't handle that it's not us. I'm cool with it (although I can't say I'm not envious) and wish them the best.

Again, JMHO.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Not really HuntingBry... the beef that most have is they've become commercials and so many are so phony. They take hunting further and further from hunting. Today most of them are comedy specials and in your face crap. They're not the hunting tradition at it's best by a long shot.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Host of Hosts

I use my remote control and change the channel. I don't watch too many hunting shows anymore for some of the reasons already given in previous posts. Too much of it isn't reality, too commercialized and too may instances of poor judgment. I only watch Deer and Deer Hunting anymore.

So just change the channel
Old 12-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

I think one thing you guys are missing are the hundreds of hours some of these guys put in a stand or blind to shoot these animals. You act like these guys go out and the first hour in the stand they shoot a 160".

I know for a fact (because I had him hunting with me in Kansas) that it took Waddell 3 years of hunting to shoot his buck in Kansas with his bow.

There are good shows with legit hunters and bad shows with not so legit hunters.

IMO Waddell, Drurys, Lee and Tiffany,Jay Gregory, Will Primos---These guys are the legit good ones.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Let me preface this by saying this is totally my personal opinion, BUT...

I believe that most of the beef with hunting shows comes from some folks that are green with envy knowing that someone is out there hunting dream locations with free equipment, filming their hunts, and getting paid for it. I would be willing to bet that these people that are being complained about would still be out there hunting just like the rest of us if they didn't have the opportunities that have. They have been given the golden ticket and are living the dream and some of us average Joes can't handle that it's not us. I'm cool with it (although I can't say I'm not envious) and wish them the best.

Again, JMHO.
Very well said!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Dominant Buck

IMO... Waddell and Lee and Tiffany are a comedy act. Just too much crap... like Waddell sitting with ear phone on listening to music and singing out loud and making like he's playing a guitar and then saying, "I don't know why they won't come out". And all the over used words that to me are away from the hunting tradition, such as I put the smackdown on him, that's what I'm talkin' bout etc etc. And the Drury boys with this dream season soap opera with splitting up couples and people that have never shot a bow is just too much. Primos are good. Gregory OK. There are better.

Quick Reply: T.V. Hunting Gone Bad!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.