Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What else/other hobbies >

What else/other hobbies

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What else/other hobbies

Old 12-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default What else/other hobbies

I was wondering what else you guys/gals do besides bow hunt. I personally hunt deer with both gun and bow. I waterfowl hunt. Trap mostly coons, beavers, muskrats, or what ever else gets in my traps. Hunt small game such as doves, squirrels, and rabbits. I predator hunt, with no success yet. Hunt turkeys in the fall and spring, Im going to try hunting them with a bow this spring. Also, do alot of fishing durring the spring and summer and somtimes a little ice fishing if the ice ever gets thick enough to safely do it. I think that is about all.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 AM

Default RE: What else/other hobbies

I used to hunt small game, but don't eat it anymore, so I quit killing it. Outside ofhunting whitetails I bass fish, a lot. Tournaments from Apr. to Sept. I used to do a lot of relic hunting for civil war artifacts, but most of the land is developed now so I don't do it often anymore. I have done some duck hunting, but it just wasn't that fun to me, so I don't do that anymore. Basically, I hunt deer and catch bass and that's it.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:47 AM

i've got lotsa things i do outside of hunting and standard family activities... I brew my own beer, wine and mead (been doing it for about 6 yrs now), avid snowmobiler, motorcycles, I do some fishing, play guitar, golf, play and coach soccer, smoke meat, and find home projects to work as a therapeutic vice (same thing goes for tinkering on the mods with my sled/bike)... still a bit of a gear head and plan on start a car project when my son hits 10-12yrs old, a Factory Five Racing Shelby Cobra kit car... putting money away for that one right now...
Old 12-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Besides deer hunting at home where i live in Central Minnesota I bow hunt for bear in Northern Minnesota. IGo out west elk hunting in Montana with the recurve. Make a trip here and there to Wisconsin and North Dakota whitetail hunting with the bow. I do alot of fishing in the winter on Red Lake in Northern Minnesota,they have some monster crappies in the 2lb to 4lb range if your lucky enough. I pheasant and duck hunt in the fall where I live. I also do alot fishing in the summer around where i live and in Northern Minnesota. I've done some trapping. I usually hit a few traditional 3-D shoots in the summer months.I shoot in a dart league, I did qualify for Vegas a few times but I backed out on going(I chickened out)! I might get serious again with the darts and try making acomeback and maybe get out there to Vegas and give it a whirl against the pro's and make some ching. I play alot of softball, not as much as i use to but I really love the game.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:52 AM

I drive my sons around the U.S. racing motocross.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

my latest thing to occupy my time is bowfishing. you sink an arrow into a 25lb+ carp (or 50 lb grass carp) and you are HOOKED.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Flyfishing......and Lisa and I spend a LOT of time together in the off-season. We usually go to Mexico once a year......Canada 2-3 times a year....and shorter visits all the time.

This year....I'll be doing some home remodeling[&:]

I'll also compete in some 3D shoots, this year.....and sat 25 sits turkey hunting, last spring (got my first with the bow). I also plan on planting "something" for the herd here to eat, this spring.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Flyfishing......and Lisa and I spend a LOT of time together in the off-season.
Same here. I prefer to fly fish, but will pick up a baitcaster too. I use a eight or nine weight to fish for big bass here in Texas. Fills in the gaps between hunting seasons.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

After hunting season is over i bass fish from early spring untill summer..
Old 12-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shed hunt February-late March.

Scout turkeys through the end of April.

Hunt turkeys through June.

Take a vacation to somewhere with palm trees.

Scout deer June-September.

Bow hunt October-November.

Ski December-January.

Play hockey year round (except for fall league during deer season).

Quick Reply: What else/other hobbies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.