Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does it go as planned? >

Does it go as planned?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does it go as planned?

Old 12-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does it go as planned?

When you set up with that perfect wind and you know where the deer are gonna come from. How often do they show up where you expected them? Or do they come in from a direction you never would have expected? That is what happens to me a lot. They always forget to read the script. A lot of my areas they just don't follow any set patterns.

Anyone else notice this in your woods?
Old 12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does it go as planned?

my deer our impossible to pattern... they just are... but there are a few young one being the spike i got with my bow that i did pattern and new i was going to see him that day. but thats it most of the hunting for me is all hit and miss.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is no hunting the wind in my food plot set. Deer can and do come from all directions. I suppose you could call a SW the most favoriteable but I've had deer come from that direction too.[&:]

So my answer is no, deer usually don't come from where I want them or expect them too....like you said, they forgot to read the script.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:16 PM

about 50/50 id say. in some situations there is only one way for deer to come so they have to. but in others u have to be ready for anything all the time.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:23 PM

I have a couple spots they are fairly predictable. They will either come from the west or the east....So I hunt on north/south winds.....But that's because they have no choice...They gotta travel east/west....

But another farm I hunt in southern MO.....LOL....forget it. I have NO idea where they are coming from. I've set in stands and seen them come from 5 different directions......in the same morning.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

If things went as planned, I would not have 2 Michigan and one Kentucky tag left to fill
Old 12-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

It wouldn't be half as fun if things went according to plan [8D].

I do however have a few setups that I don't think I've ever seen deer come in from a different direction than they do. Then there are the ones that are setup for where the deer "usually" come from. I've found these semi-predictable stands to hold true for 98% of the time. 2% of the time being when the deer that you want to shoot bamboozles you and comes in from a direction you never thought possible. Last there are the stands that you have no clue what, when, where or why is going to happen. Overall ... I agree, they have not read the script
Old 12-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Dominant Buck

About 1/2 the time. The only thing I can do is not get in a stand when I KNOW it's gonna be blowing towards their bedding area.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:29 AM

Had 2 plans go right by the script this year............VERY rare.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Theres a script?

Quick Reply: Does it go as planned?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.