HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Question for Ground Blind hunters.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/220848-question-ground-blind-hunters.html)

wildchild04 12-03-2007 10:28 PM

Question for Ground Blind hunters..

What do you do to keep the noise down while moving around in your blind?

Do you just NOT move?
rake the leaves so you have a clear area to step?
bring along some sort of carpet?

Or....???

Last night was the first time I used my blind, and it seemed like no matter how quiet I tried to be while looking around or trying to set up for a shot,.... that I was being quiet enough..... maybe I'm paranoid.....

bhunter50 12-03-2007 10:33 PM

RE: Question for Ground Blind hunters..

i clear the area down to the dirt....especially when turkey hunting from my double bull! i must mention that the noise you make in the blind is much louder to you, due tothe sound waves bouncing off the walls and right back to you,than it will be outside the blind....but being quiet is still very important.

GregH 12-03-2007 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: wildchild04

Do you just NOT move?

Or....???

Last night was the first time I used my blind, and it seemed like no matter how quiet I tried to be while looking around or trying to set up for a shot,.... that I was being quiet enough..... maybe I'm paranoid.....
I use a piece of carpet. It keeps the bugs/ticks down too.

PaBowhunter29 12-04-2007 02:20 PM

i rake the leaves awaywith my feet

shed33 12-04-2007 02:22 PM

down to the dirt

GMMAT 12-04-2007 02:41 PM

Turkey hunting............I leave a big pile of leaves to rustle when the birds are close but won't commit. I got my spring gobbler to come in the last little bit when I put the damned calls down and just rustled my foot in the leaves.

Deer hunting???? heck if I know???? I'm still waiting on Shed to send me some pictures of his ground blinds!:D

hatchet jack 12-04-2007 02:50 PM

Hey GregH is the carpet scent free? Good Idea!!

Hatchet Jack

bowdoc1 12-04-2007 03:30 PM

I carry a piece of thin green outdoor carpet with my double bull blind for turkey hunting. It also helps my portable chair from sinking into the dirt.

npockat32 12-04-2007 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: wildchild04

Do you just NOT move?

Or....???

I use a piece of carpet. It keeps the bugs/ticks down too.
I use the same. A piece of carpet on the floor and it also insulates and keeps warmer in the late season.

GTOHunter 12-04-2007 05:29 PM

I just hunt on the natural ground and rake any heavy leaves away so I don't make too much noise.Another thing you need to be careful of is leaving too many windows or blinds open where any game can see you moving around from one open window/blind to the other.