HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What's the longest you've sat on stand without seeing anything? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/220799-whats-longest-youve-sat-stand-without-seeing-anything.html)

TexasOaks 12-03-2007 07:00 PM

What's the longest you've sat on stand without seeing anything?

I know it sometimes it can get tough in woods when its hot/cold, you get hungry, you're tired, (Cowboys are about to play) or whatever the reason might be but how long have you sat in the stand and not seen anything. How long until you gave up or didn't give up? Normally you at least see something at our place, but I have sat for around 4 hours and not see anything on the worst day (cold, rainy, and windy).

KansasBBD 12-03-2007 07:02 PM

RE: What's the longest you've sat on stand without seeing anything?

theres been times at my place that ive sat for around 4 hours and hot see anything (cold rainy windy days like last weekend) but at least one deer seems to show up before i leave thankfully

early in 12-03-2007 07:07 PM

In '05 I sat forthe first 2days of my Albertabowhunt without seeing a single deer! These were full days,10-11 hour days.[:@]It happens.[&o]

GregH 12-03-2007 07:17 PM

Of the 2 times I've sat all day I didn't see a thing! I really don't do that anymore!

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-03-2007 07:32 PM

I've sat from daylight to dark before without seeing a deer. I went back the next day.:D

gzg38b 12-03-2007 08:06 PM

This year I hunted nearly the entire month of October without seeing anything. Not one deer.

That was 11 consecutive hunts that were between 3 and 5 hours long. Don't feel bad.

TFOX 12-03-2007 08:23 PM

I sat 11 hours this year without seeing anything.10 was actually in the stand and 1 hours was on the ground under it.

But I did have 1 blow at me when I walked in,FROM UNDER THE STAND.

Yea,I think they knew I was there.:eek:

WV Hunter 12-03-2007 08:24 PM

I've sat all day before without seeing anything, however that being said its very rare. I usually see deer if I am out more than a few hours, we have alot of deer.

gzg...I feel for you man, that is endurance to stick it out when its like that. I had a year like that a long time ago...just couldn't get it going. I was frustrated beyond description. That was the only year in my life that I put everything away in early Dec. I was done. LOL

curth83 12-03-2007 08:25 PM

id say about half of my sits i dont see deer. it sucks.

mauser06 12-03-2007 08:26 PM

ive never made a true all day sit, but its not uncommon for me to get settled in a good hour before light and sit till 11 or better and be back on stand by 1 or 2 pm at the latest sitting clear till dark...and yep...i can count the time in weeks not hours lol....

i learned alot last year, and really, was into deer pretty much every day. only days i didnt see anything, conditions were terrible and i probably shouldnt have been in a tree, like 30+mph winds and trees blowing over...or 90 degrees and sunny...

still going to be alot of deerless days in my future, but its alot easier to sit there for hours on end and get up at 4am the next day to do the same when you atleast see something...