Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What happens when >

What happens when

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What happens when

Old 12-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What happens when

I hunt with bow, muzzleloader and centerfires...When I can't bow hunt anymore, I'm going to a crossbow with a cocker, no problems here...I started bow hunting in the 60s, will do so as long as I can....Don't take it so seriously...It's a hobby, not a job...

Frankly, I'm more worried about seeing the open sights on my flintlocks...I have worn glasses since I was 6 and had emergency surgery a few years back to repair my retina...I don't hunt for anyone elses sake, just mine, I don't have to justify my actions to anyone else...Enjoy while you can...
Old 12-03-2007, 01:59 PM

Some of these new bows are so fastthatyou might be able to go to a 50# or less and, with an 80% let off, get as much speed as you are getting now. Check out the new Bowtechs. Have you looked into physical therapy?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Some of these new bows are so fastthatyou might be able to go to a 50# or less and, with an 80% let off, get as much speed as you are getting now. Check out the new Bowtechs. Have you looked into physical therapy?
With physical therapy, spinal injections every other week, pain meds, and a back brace I'm able to put off surgery for now.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:08 PM

What you do is talk with the doctor before you have any surgery and tell him what you expect to be able to do after the surgery. I totally blew out my right shoulder 2 years ago. When the doctor ask me what my expectations I hadafter recovery I told him to bowhunt. He helped me lay out a physical therapy plan to attempt me get back in shape.

The doctor thought I would never be able to bowhunt again but I worked my rear end off and 9 months later I was bowhunting. Basically do not give up on something you enjoy, will take a lot of work to recover after surgery but you can do it.

Goodluck
Dave
Old 12-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Dominant Buck

With physical therapy, spinal injections every other week, pain meds, and a back brace I'm able to put off surgery for now
Most of us haven't and can't comprehend such pain and treatment. My hat is off to you Farm. Keep on keeping on bud.