HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   2008 PSE - warranty extended to 4.3 gpp on split limbs? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/220705-2008-pse-warranty-extended-4-3-gpp-split-limbs.html)

quiksilver 12-03-2007 09:02 AM

2008 PSE - warranty extended to 4.3 gpp on split limbs?

Fellas, I heard that PSE will now be covering all their 2008 split-limb bows down to 4.3 grains per pound?

Is this true? If it is...wow...will those X-Forces ever be screaming!

So if this is true, will any of you guys be grabbing an '08 PSE and tinkering around with some new arrow/head combo's to get the weight down near the warranty limits?

I just thought I'd mention it, especially for your short-draw guys who want to set up a fast hunting rig. I figure a 27"/65# 4.3 gpi setup on an '08 X-Force would be the cat's meow for some of you guys who have a have a hard time getting the speed out of your current rig, due to your draw length/weight limitations.

Thesecondreason I ask is that I'll be ordering my 2008 shafts sometime soon, so that I can start on my crestings and have them ready - and it looks like I'll have a few different options available now that Gold Tip, HCA and Victory will all be selling some lighter shafts for next fall.

I'm hoping somebody else on here would be doing the light arrow thing and might have some input on the alternatives available.

The sudden availability of alternatives complicates what was oncean easy decision. I'm collecting any and all input at this point - particularly wondering about the Gold Tip Ultralights and the Victory HV hunting shafts.

My hunting arrows this year weighed in around 4.15 gpp, spined for 29"/70#, so I'd like to be back in the same ballpark.

GMMAT 12-03-2007 09:10 AM

RE: 2008 PSE - warranty extended to 4.3 gpp on split limbs?

I suppose I see the day coming when the manufacturer tells you he'll warranty just about anything you're willing to nock and fire.

Dead men don't file lawsuits, though!

Seriously.....where does it end???:D How fast are we gonna see in the next 5 years? 400fps?

Rick James 12-03-2007 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Fellas, I heard that PSE will now be covering all their 2008 split-limb bows down to 4.3 grains per pound?

Is this true? If it is...wow...will those X-Forces ever be screaming!

So if this is true, will any of you guys be grabbing an '08 PSE and tinkering around with some new arrow/head combo's to get the weight down near the warranty limits?

I just thought I'd mention it, especially for your short-draw guys who want to set up a fast hunting rig. I figure a 27"/65# 4.3 gpi setup on an '08 X-Force would be the cat's meow for some of you guys who have a have a hard time getting the speed out of your current rig, due to your draw length/weight limitations.

Thesecondreason I ask is that I'll be ordering my 2008 shafts sometime soon, so that I can start on my crestings and have them ready - and it looks like I'll have a few different options available now that Gold Tip, HCA and Victory will all be selling some lighter shafts for next fall.

I'm hoping somebody else on here would be doing the light arrow thing and might have some input on the alternatives available.

The sudden availability of alternatives complicates what was oncean easy decision. I'm collecting any and all input at this point - particularly wondering about the Gold Tip Ultralights and the Victory HV hunting shafts.

My hunting arrows this year weighed in around 4.15 gpp, spined for 29"/70#, so I'd like to be back in the same ballpark.
Heh......I shot 4.5gppish Speed Pro's out of our shop owners X-Force just for giggles one night. They were scooting........that's for sure!! IIRC we were seeing 340ish at a measured 28.5".

mobow 12-03-2007 09:16 AM

Jeff, I guarantee you there is a bow out there right now fully capable of 400 fps.

I am definetly open to "controversial" thougth processes...ESPECIALLY where weight and speed are concerned. Times have changed, and the weight just isn't needed anymore. But wow....that's freakin LIGHT....That's got to be putting a ton of stress on the equipment. If they warrant it, that certainly helps though...