Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weird signs that you will shoot a deer that day.... >

Weird signs that you will shoot a deer that day....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weird signs that you will shoot a deer that day....

Old 12-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Weird signs that you will shoot a deer that day....

What are some weird signs you've received that you will shoot a deer before you head out hunting?

This year I cut the hell out of my finger about 2.5 hours before I shot my first buck of the year.

About 5 years ago, I forget my cell phone in my pants because I was constantly worrying about my pregnant wife.....well at least it was on vibrate because she called, the phone started vibrating and literally while the phone continued to vibrate, a doe jumped over the creek followed by a buck...I then shot the 7 pointer....crazy!

Again, this year I take my phone out---my wife text messages me and says GOOD LUCK because she knew I was exhausted. Within 5 minutes I see an 8 pointer, I shot him two days later!

Anyone else have this type of stuff happen to them?
Old 12-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Weird signs that you will shoot a deer that day....

I usually just declare I'm gonna kill one......announce I have "that feeling"......OR....just climb the wrong tree.

All of these methods have worked in the past.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Climb the wrong tree--LOL. Done that man, but it always works out in reverse for me....the deer walks 10 yards too far from me...ONLY if I had been in my "right" stand!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Well this year I had a bad cold and could not be quiet to save my a$$.On top of that I got to my stand late about 10 minutes b4 sunrise.Was silent coughing to myself and snorting cold wind and wiping my nose profoundly.It was happening for about 10- 15 minutes and when daylight broke , there he was.Really could not believe it.Didnt plan on seeing a nice buck , I was really there to shoot a doe and keep up with my buddies stats!He came out about 60 yds from me.I grunted,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he looked.Grunted again,,,,,,,,,,,,,didnt hear me.Grunted 1 more time and hear he comes.Got him , what a crazy hunt.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

when everything seems to be going wrong....late to stand.. forgot release, cant find my tree...etc

another weird thing that happens to me is ...It seems like 90% of the time just before I see a deer I get a rining in my ear
Old 12-03-2007, 01:26 PM

I took a deer on a mid-day hunt this year, and there were several signs, or omens. I was still hunting, and right out of the box a grey squirrel offers me four shots with my .22 pistol. I hadn't been seeing any grey squirrels in the middle of the day. I couldn't hit him, but right after that an eagle soared over. Then a flock of ducks flew over. Then I got a good look at a coyote out and active. I ended up killing a mature doe right at noon, ona hunt that started about 10:00 am. It seemed like all the animals in the neighborhood were active at that time, including me. I happened to be on top of my game that day, really tuned into my surroundings, really enjoying being out there.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm batting 1000 when I forget my bow at home and have to drive back home to get it.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not really if I'm going to take a shot...I pass a couple of pastures on the way to my hunt, seems that when the cows are up and feeding, I see deer...
Old 12-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Spike

This year i spent a week at our cabin in black river falls with my brother went up monday nov 5 and saw nothing until thursday night when my brother shot a six point well i was in tryng to locate a buck i knew where they were bedding and i moved right on top them thursday night i could not sleep tosse and turned all night next morning i was in stand 45 minutes before light since i was in there bedroom 7o am rolls around and a nice 8 with a 16 inch spread decided it was time for bed well to bad for him there was an intruder in his bedroom a nice 12 yard shot through both shoulders he piled up 40 yards away.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:53 PM

I always have my best luck when i drop something out of my stand. My first deer i killed i climbed up and down the tree with my climber 3 times because i kept dropping things. Finally i got settled in and killed a little spike an hour or so later. Dropping my stuff seems to be my sign, so as mad as i get for doing it i usually think that something good may happen.

Quick Reply: Weird signs that you will shoot a deer that day....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.