HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   One piece of advice......(For me) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/220671-one-piece-advice-me.html)

peakrut 12-03-2007 04:24 AM

One piece of advice......(For me)

you could give me on bowhunting deer what would that be? (For my journal) T.Y.

List:
Safety First
Have Fun
Always let someone know where you are going
Enjoy Gods beauty when afield

SouthernMDArcher 12-03-2007 04:39 AM

RE: One piece of advice......(For me)

Safety first before anything else. Check your gear regularly and always wear a harness.

Dave

GMMAT 12-03-2007 04:45 AM

Have fun.;)

peakrut 12-03-2007 04:46 AM

Amen

AR Bowhunter 12-03-2007 04:51 AM

Always let someone know where you are going.

Kathy12 12-03-2007 04:56 AM

:D Enjoy Gods beauty when afield, even when your when you come back with a full quiver and empty handed.

rybohunter 12-03-2007 05:23 AM

Don't push a wounded deer.

farmcntry 12-03-2007 05:52 AM

Know your limits and stick to them.

mobow 12-03-2007 05:54 AM

Learn how deer relate to their terrain and environment and hunt that area accordingly.

CCPaHunter 12-03-2007 06:00 AM

Never let your gaurd down. Every year while walking in or out, or from one spot to another I let my my gaurd down at some point and every year it bites me right in the you know what. I wrote earlier this season about the eight point I blundered into while coming around a hedgerowand the monster I walked up on in a hedgerow at twelve or fifteen feet and didn't see until it was to late.

wis_bow_huntr 12-03-2007 06:45 AM

Enjoy the outdoor experience.

Buellhunter 12-03-2007 06:47 AM

Get out there and hunt!

BowHuntingFool 12-03-2007 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: farmcntry

Know your limits and stick to them.
Bingo... this means in every aspect of bowhunting or hunting in general. Know your limits in safety, shooting ability or just how far to push it...... etc.... Have fun!

gutshot 12-03-2007 07:19 AM

Keep between the ditches and your hands out of your britches.....;)

eelriver 12-03-2007 07:22 AM

.....of what I've read so far, they are ALL good comments, but the one that caught my eye was: "Get out there and hunt". Best thing you can do to learn and get better is make lots of mistakes! Take my word for it you won't be alone. I think that is what I enjoy about bow hunting the most. Even after thirty years of hunting everytime out is a little different than before.

peakrut 12-03-2007 03:40 PM

Thank You to all that participated.

dukemichaels 12-03-2007 04:05 PM

This is the best piece of advice I was ever given Tony on hunting in general. I hope it offends no one.

How does a pollack swim across a lake?

He goes half way.. then swims back!

It doesn't make sense to many but it does to me. When bow hunting never do it halfway.. go the full distance everytime you go out. Swim across the whole lake, so too speak, and finish what you've started.

It makes no sense to sit in a tree for hours at a time if you are not doing it right! Sit still, be silent, never let your guard down, be well prepared, and never get lazy! Go the distance.

"Ease his pain"... [8D]

virginiashadow 12-03-2007 04:13 PM

Don't disrespect the animals in the woods...sounds silly but I feel a whole lot better when I don't call deer "mother f'ers" and "little bastards" like I hear some hunters around where I hunt. I even had a guy tell me this year "deer are stupid mother f'ers, I f'in hate them"....I didn't even know what to say.

jmbuckhunter 12-03-2007 04:13 PM

To be a consistantly successful bowhunter of mature animals, you need to be a year round deer hunter.

davidmil 12-03-2007 09:14 PM

It's suppose to be fun....... and...HUNT THE WIND.

Sliverflicker 12-03-2007 10:10 PM

Since its Dec and my right foot was so cold it hurt all the way up into my butt cheek mine will be, Buy good quality cold weather gear, Change your socks daily, dont forget to pack extra hot hands with you so you can throw one in your boot if you need to, and dont forget to put your boots on the boot dryer when you come in!!!

bhunter50 12-03-2007 10:24 PM

One of the best pieces of advice i can give you is when that shot presents itself....take your time and concentrate on "the spot" and don't take a marginal shot. Practice all throughout the season and when the time is right (RUT) and you are thinking about leaving for lunch....stay another hour!

hunter9022 12-04-2007 12:29 AM

Well, of course always be safe. But, I would say go more for the experience and the memories rather than a kill.The events that occuron a huntare more memorable in the end.

nodog 12-04-2007 04:10 PM

Don't ask advise in a hunting forum. Only ever give it, even if it's crap. lol:D

early in 12-04-2007 04:20 PM

Hunt dark to dark during the rut!;)

seller 12-04-2007 04:22 PM

always make sure your bow is sighted

8pt~Bowhunter 12-04-2007 05:00 PM

Safety First!;) If you die you can't do anyof the things you mentionedabove.:eek:

Schultzy 12-04-2007 05:27 PM

Use good ethics!!!!!!!

peregordusmc 12-04-2007 05:27 PM

Like its been said SAFETY first. Safety for yourself, for the other hunters and even the animals. Yes the animals. Sounds wierd, but i read on here time and time again about people seeing wounded deer, limping deer, or shots that were taken that are obvious that they were questionable. Make sure you are taken "the perfect shot." In doing so you will be practicing safety for the animals and not just wounding them to live a hardship life.So emphasis onSAFETY iswhat should be stressed. And go out and have fun.

MN/Kyle 12-04-2007 06:30 PM

sharp broadheads, well tuned bow

huntinboy1122 12-04-2007 07:39 PM

its always hunting season.... practice practice practice