HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What are this guys chances? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/220489-what-guys-chances.html)

dprsdhunter 12-02-2007 10:30 AM

RE: What are this guys chances?

and once again he opens his mouth and prooves Im right

in da woods 12-02-2007 10:37 AM

I agree with the others, bawa, why don't you back off the guy & give him the benefit of the doubt. there could be alot of factors as to why that arrow didn't penetrate. If it's a mechanical blade, and the shot is on an angle, the broadhead will start opening before fully penetrating, causing the arrow to whip around. Resulting in little penetration. The thing that bugs the hell out of me on this site lately, is the almighty authorities (that have never ever in all eterenity, had a shot go wrong) sit here & condemn people wtih out finding all the facts first. I have backed off from responding or starting forums because of people like you. Let's hear the whole story first. I don't think he took a hundred yard shot with his bow in the first place. As for the gun hunt, can you say with complete authority & knowledge that the deer is limping from his earlier shot? I just went through the same kind of situtation, where I though for sure I killed a buck last month, but to my dismay, could not find him after the hit. My arrow was completely covered in bright red blood. I even brought out people to help me track him. He apparantly only recieved a wounding shot. That is the first deer that I have not killed in 15 yrs of hunting. Now if I had posted that story, I'm sure that I would have been ripped to shreds. IBH- that deer will survive, they have an amazing ability to survive & recover. Whether or not his antler growth will be affected remains to be seen. Should you have taken him? Only you can answer that for sure.

dprsdhunter 12-02-2007 10:39 AM

Im in agreement with in da woods. Great post

shawnfogelman 12-02-2007 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: Hunter Dan7

Bawanajim he made a good shot on him but the arrow dident penatrate. its not his fault so why dont you stop harrasing him. you know how your P.S. thing says long haired freaky need not apply, maby i will put on mine Bawanajim need not Reply.
Reread the part about him passing up a 60 yard broad side shot with a scope sighted shoot gun at the same severly limping buck that he previously wounded.

AT this point and time maybe you could point out justexactly whoms fault this little misadventure might be.
Ok Ladies...Here is my take. For those of you who doen't understand...bawanajim has seen time after time these posts from people stating how they have wounded this BIG beautiful animal and they haven't found him. For guys like Jim, myself and others on this site, we take pride and put forth a large amount of time and effort in making sure that all of our equipment is working properly to ensure a clean, ethical and quick kill on these animals that we hold so dear to our hearts. Remember, we are passionate about this... With that said, I'm not defending bawanajim, I can relate to his frustrations though. Although a bit harsh, he does mean well. As another guy put it..."Poop happens" as we all know. ILL Buck Hunter...at 60 yards in the evening hours with a scoped shotgun... You should have put him out of his misery and collected your wounded deer. you have friends that would have helped you retreive that buck in the late night hours. And worse case scenerio...you wait till morning to track him down. I'm not sure if you practiced with these "New" broadheads before hunting with them, but anytime you change even the slightest thing on your set up. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU TRY IT BEFORE HUNTING WITH IT. Remember, if it's not broke...Don't fix it. Good luck on getting another shot at your buck. And good luck the rest of the year.

dprsdhunter 12-02-2007 10:47 AM

Maybe so --but he doesnt have to be a jerk

bawanajim 12-02-2007 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: dprsdhunter

Maybe so --but he doesnt have to be a jerk
But it comes so easily to me.;);)

dprsdhunter 12-02-2007 11:01 AM

....and once again

Planter 12-02-2007 04:52 PM

Some guys are beyond reproach due to their hunting prowess. They have never made a bad shot and all kills are quick and clean.

Should be a poll on how many guys have made a bad or questionable shot and not recovered the beast. If you have not you will or you spend far much time watching TV and are not living in the real world. Your best bet is to never admit to a questionable shot regardless of your intentions cause someone is gonna be all over you even if they know absolutly nothing about what might have went wrong. Good luck on the next one!!

Scott/IL 12-02-2007 06:20 PM

Let me first say that I had practiced with the new setup and it shot great. The shot was not what went wrong, it was after the arrow hit the deer. However, that is not what I am trying to point out in this thread.

Second, it was a morning hunt and the closest help I had was 30 minutes away. My dad was hunting too and has no cell phone, so it would have required me driving there hoping to get lucky enough to catch him off the stand and talk him into going to collect my deer. This was something that I simply did not have time to do.

I thought it to better to pass the shot since I had no gaurantee as to when I could return. That morning I set out and allowed me an hour to hunt, and an hour to take care of the deer. I was not going to take any questionable shot that would result in a wounded animal that would need tracking. I had passed my limit of an hour of hunting that morning and did not think it would be right to shoot the animal while not knowing when I would be able to make it back. It played out that I was able to return for that afternoon hunt, but there was no way of me knowing with my schedulethat I was going to be there again.

Question my ethics if you must, as you have your opinions and I have mine. I felt that shooting him at that time under the circumstances was not the proper thing to do.

Best of luck to all

peregordusmc 12-02-2007 06:33 PM

And thats what the majority of the people have said. Its what you think is in the best interest. only you know what can be done for you are the one there. Lets just hope the deer doesnt suffer too much and hopefully you get him. If you do post a picture of him up here if you can. Good luck to you.